Integration of Z-Wave Danfoss Thermostat

Hey There :slight_smile:

itā€™s not a message for solving or a new solution. My Status is that the main Problem called E5 with Danfoss Thermostats can be fixed. Not for 100% but for a reasonable conditon.

I only want to give a big thanks to the guys who helped meā€¦and Iā€™m sure a lot of others in the world! (more in Europe with the most missing Smartthings-officially-Support :smiley: )

Iā€™m a german student and not really close to programing. My english is not pretty good as it should after main-School, but I try my best.
I read much about smartthings and about my annoying Danfoss (in Germany called ā€œDevoloā€, a also big Company use it too and made a partnership with Danfoss - but no doubt the same product)
I have started the last two days to search about my E5 Problem and the issue after 30mins loosing Connection and showing E5. The first evening after a looong reading day was chastening. For real. I though I couldnt find any way for understanding, because nobody use german and the most presuppose certain skills in smartthings and not only a user who installed products and use it without problems as I do before :wink:

But the understanding came in the next day and the point that ā€œDevice Handlersā€ are a Software close to the orginal which I can install and overwrite my existing. For example my Thermostats. The surface in the most cases Change with the new IDE copied script when you click in the smartthings app to the ā€œnew installed Thingā€.
And a new knowledge is a smartapp called CORE. Its a massive and heavy useful program which can control like IFTTT.

I would help everybody like this three guys, if I could. Not each of them is a superuser and a programer I think, but they try (tried) their BEST ! :slight_smile:

@richp
With his new and brilliant working Danfoss LC13 TRV V0.7 ! (so happy and pleased that I can change my wakeUp-Intervall and the much better working Surface with the rasterd sliders!)

ā€¦also a comment makes hope for the future:
Quote: ā€œGood news on that front. Iā€™m working with ST to get this certified following a prod from Danfoss. Process has only just started so I guess it will take a bit of time before its all official. :smiley:ā€

@danielccm
This guy is really persistent and willing to solve his (5E haha) and the others problems - Dani, Thank you from all my heart! :smile:
Main theme and discussions about the starting problem and the long path to solve it (not so for me, because the solution is now available since a couple of weeks/months ^^)
ttps://community.smartthings.com/t/integration-of-z-wave-danfoss-thermostat/23310/123

@ smgran (as new user I only can named two users :frowning:) - search for this guy if you want
Yeah I mean youā€¦ist the wrong topic over here, but your really really pictured and detailed way to descripe CORE helped me a lot! - Thank you too :wink:

I think everybody knows the feeling when you find a way to make your life easier and share your problems and at the end of the day you got a Problem less. (donā€™t know if the sentences are right - but you know what I mean :smile:

Greetings to all from the cold Germany (so happy that Thermostats work :smile:)
Stay strong in the hard but so customable smartthings world.

• This message was created to say THANKS ! -
3 Likes