Integrating WiFi Switches/Plugs that use the Tuya SmartLife App or eWeLink app

Iā€™ve been trying to follow the IFTTT recommendations for adding a switch, but have run into a hitch that I havenā€™t seen mentioned elsewhere. When I turn on or off the smartthings virtual switch, the IFTTT runs and the real switch correctly turns on and off. When I turn on and off the switch from the SmartLife app, the switch of course turns on and off, but the IFTTT routine is never triggered. If I open the applet on IFTTT and manually click the ā€œCheck nowā€ button, the applet runs and correctly updates my virtual switch. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas of what I can do?

Do you have two IFTTT routines set up for each action? One for ST->Smartlife and one for Smartlife->ST?
Even with that setup, the Smartlife->ST routine is not very reliable. It works some of the time, but not all of the time.

Yes, so 4 total applets.
Itā€™s too bad that the main solution is so buggy. Although I havenā€™t had it work at all, It probably isnā€™t worth the effort to fix. I guess I need to buy new hardware or look into flashing firmware.

1 Like

Do you use an echo device? You can also use echo as the ā€œman in the middleā€ integration in a method similar to the IFTTT method but which seems to be more reliable right now as long as the third-party switches are working reliably with echo.

2 Likes

Found a Tplink Kasa ST device handler & appā€¦ works greatā€¦

But, now I need a SmartLife device handler & st appā€¦

Sadly this thread didnā€™t lead me to oneā€¦ any takers? I donā€™t care to use ifft & I already control with echoā€¦ but I need ST automations.

There is now as of July 2019 an official TP Link Kasa Integration. :sunglasses:

If you use Alexa, there is a Smart Life skill. You can then link your Smart Life device from Alexa to Smartthings by creating a virtual switch DH. No IFTTT time delay.

https://thesmartcave.com/smartthings-with-any-alexa-device/

1 Like

https://community.smartthings.com/t/toggle-smart-li

I just tried the Globe Suite device type in the ST app for the first time. When selected it found two of my accounts; Feit Electric and Smart Life (I have switches under both). I selected Smart Life, it found my devices and added to ST, worked great.

Then I went to add the Feit Electric bulbs and found you canā€™t seem to have two seperate accounts linked. I also canā€™t find a way to unlink Smart Life so I can re-link to Feit if I wanted to.

So itā€™s a good start but still lacking some basic functionality.

2 Likes

If anyone is looking for a stand alone solution that integrates straight into ST without the need for a seperate hub then take a look at Meross. These are WiFi devices with their own app but you can add them as individual devices straight into ST. Works great and the response is instant.
Very useful to me to be able to control things via ST and also directly. Gives the ability to reboot routers or hubs etc. should there be an issue via 2 or more seperate networks, so has a fallback should one of your ISPā€™s go down or you need to reboot one of your routers via the other ISP or even the ST hub needs to be rebooted remotely etc.

1 Like

Iā€™m not fully familiar with the new V3 app yet as it only recently became voice-navigable, but I believe there is a separate area of the menu for cloud services and you might be able to delete the integration there. @jkp might know.

1 Like

Hamburger menu -> settings cog wheels (top right) -> connected services

3 Likes

Bingo! I ā€œthoughtā€ I looked everywhere in the app for this page, THANK YOU!

I just deleted the Globe Suite Service and then when I went to add a new Globe Suite device it allows me to login again. Exactly what I was looking for

2 Likes

I have 8 smart plugs on Smart Life. I was able to integrate though the globe suite and it brought them all in. However, I had some offline issues earlier today with one of the smart plugs, so I removed globe suite from services, tried adding globe suite integration again but nothing is showing up. Anybody have similar issues or ideas on how to fix? Donā€™t want to do the IFTTT route because of the few second delay. I tried resetting my ST hub, but still getting empty device list when trying to integrate and I lost all 8 devices from ST. So none of the plugs are showing up.

Attached is screenshot of what Iā€™m getting.

Thanks in advance!

Update: they do load when I bring them into google home (smart life integration).

Have this same exact issue. Not sure if it is because i had the devices already attached to smart life accounts outside of Globe Life. Donā€™t think itā€™s the issue, but going to try deleting them from smart life completely and add into separate Globe Life account.

I tried removing them from Smart Life and added them to Tuya Smart, but again it showed up blank through Tuya. Going to also try the same and add my plugs to Globe Suite and integrating on ST again.

1 Like

I have the same problem which also started with lights going offline and my attempts to fix it took everything down. I did start my own thread yesterday (see below). One thinks it is ST and another GS. Puts me off the whole idea of this cloud to cloud thing.

1 Like

I am attempting to integrate some tuya light switches into ST. one suggestion through the threads was going via globe suite, and while I have added the devices into Globe suite fine ā€¦ in my ST device list I canā€™t see Globe Suite as an Option under the device or brand list. Am I missing a device handler or something?

See my thread. Globe Suite have pulled the integration even though it was working great, with claims it was a accidentally made live (apparently not for the first time). The have said it will be live again ā€œnearā€ January.

Thanks, @Flakie99 guess Iā€™ll hold out for a bit and see what unfolds. ā€¦ or find a completely different path like HA and flashed firmware.

2 Likes