Integrating ST sensors/alarm security system with ALexa

Michael,
I have 3 door senors in-place and connected with a siren. If I set it to Armed via the dashboard, then tripping any senor sets off the siren. Disarmed turns off the system.
I want to build a virtual switch for ALexa that does the same via voice control. Thanks

Ok
this sounds like what I documented here:
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Alexa_Helper#Panic_Commands

Michael,
I’m in the Alexa Helper - My App section, setting up the scenario and I selected the panic scenario 

Do I need to set up two scenarios, one to turn sensors+siren on , and another to turn sensors+siren off?
Or do I only need one scenario that covers both cases?
Thanks

Best practice (per me, so take this with a grain of salt) is to use two scenarios.

Hi Micheal, I created two panic actions in the Alexa helper, ‘Security Off’ - which activates ‘Virtual disarm’, And ‘Security On’ which Activates Virtual Arm. Virtual Arm and Disarm are the controls I see on my ST dashboard that enable /disable my security system (and they work form there). But when I say Security On to Alexa, she replies, "sorry what device?"
Do you know what this indicates?

If there an additional step that I am missing that actually enables the two panic actions?
Thanks

On thing I’ll add
 I created Security On and Security Off under the ‘Create New Alexa Scenario’,
Should I have used ‘Add Virtual Switch’ instead?

Sorry I didn’t respond until now
be sure to tag me in threads I am not the owner of

With regard to your question, I would personally create two different switches with two different names, one for each scenario.

Hi Michael
 My alexa-controled S.T. security setup (detailed in this thread) has been up and running fro a few moths, but it stopped working last weekend

Now, when I tell Alexa to turn Security On/turn Security Off - she doesn’t respond and doesn’t do it.
Are you aware of anything (ALexa helper?) that was broken by the recent updates? Thanks

Nope
Amazon is constantly making changes to their environment so are you able to set up a parallel instance and see if it doesn’t work? Is there anything in the Live Logging that would indicate an issue in the code? Let me know and we can troubleshoot this together.

Michael,
IT started working again yesterday
 maybe they rolled out a bug and then fixed it
 but in any case, thanks again for your help.

1 Like