Input from analog sources

Team,
sorry to bother but this is driving me nuts.
I have 2 sources:

1. is a magnetic contact open/close - is already wired in the house and in the different doors and windows. it is passive, 2 wires only and is closed when magnet near sensor and opened in any other case
  2. I have the output from a device that is 0V when powered off and 10V when on.

In both cases I’d love to have a sensor that raises a signal to IFTTT over wifi for it to take actions. But I was not able to find anything in this space.
Ideal would be for it to be battery powered so it’s easier to maintain but I can even have it 220V powered.

Any idea or suggestion?

This forum is for people who are using the Samsung SmartThings ™ home automation platform. it is a very active forum, so it often comes up near the top of general home automation Google searches, but it is not a general forum. So all of the questions and answers are assumed to be in the context of the Samsung system.

Are you using Samsung SmartThings? If so, there are several different ways to do what you want. We would need to know what country you are in and what model hub you have.

If instead you were just looking for a general forum, try the Reddit home automation subforum. It is brand agnostic.

Thank you… and sorry… I landed here from IFTTT site and did not realized was bound to Samsung Smart Things only :slight_smile: I’ve started looking into them but do not (yet) have a hub and solutions.

1 Like

For number 1, That’s a standard security sensor. Hook it to a security system then hook that security system into SmartThings. You have multiple options. Konnected or a general purpose system from a vendor like DSC or Honeywell + an EVL board + AlarmServer

For number 2…maybe a relay that’s connected to a dry contact sensor?

1 Like