Important Changes to SmartThings Classic Login System

I had the exact same issue, even down to the TV. One not on my Samsung TV, since they upgraded the TV firmware about 10 month ago, Smartthing and the TV no longer worked. After this account login update, now it works? Lastly, the TV would turn off but not on.

I have only 1 location but it looks like it added a new location. I had to re-enter the Welcome code in order to see the hub. The home screen always says, “connecting”. It appears everything is lost and I have to start from scratch.

(Jeremy) #242

with mine, the duplicate home location has only my mobile phone…the other has all the right stuff.

(Sam Williams) #243

Like others, I seem to have ended up with a fake/ghost Home location following the merger of my ST and SC accounts.
Unfortunately both locations seem to have the ‘default’ flag set to true in the IDE, and the IDE delete location routine fails with an internal server error. Does anyone know how to go about deleting the fake/ghost Home location from the IDE or classic app?

(jkp) #244

FYI: In order to delete a Home Location that has nothing in it:

1. Login to IDE at https://account.smartthings.com
  2. Goto Locations
  3. If you have multiple Locations, select the invalid one
  4. Make sure there is no Hub associated to it
  5. Scroll to the right and click Edit
  6. If the Default Location shows “true” (will be read only)
  7. If it is “true”, go back to Locations and select your primary (Real) location and set the default location to “true”
  8. Now you can edit/delete the additional/empty Home location as it will automatically be set to “false”.

(Scott Chapman) #245

SO, I opened my ST Classic app this morning and I got the notice about upgrading the login system.

But…

I can’t get past the Smartthings account verification phase; I provide my email & password and my browser opens up a window on my browser with the title “SAMSUNG ACCOUNT”. It just gives me a little info on supported browsers (the message is appearing in my Chrome browser which is listed). There is nothing to do there… No form no button nothing…

What gives?

This is on my Chromebook, I successfully did the upgrade on my phone. Do I need to do the upgrade on all devices? What about the instance running on my wife’s phone? I didn’t see any update request on it.

(Jimmy) #246

Only needs to be done once per login. Then Log out on other devices and login again with the Samsung account.

(Scott Chapman) #247

Yea, so I tried that. But the app still opens up a web page on my Chrome browser that goes to some weird page regarding samsung accounts. I’ve included what that page looks like.

Basically I can no longer login using the classic app on my chromebook…

(Scott Chapman) #248

(forgot image)

(Jimmy) #249

Ah, yes. The incompatible browser message. You get the same on Fire tablets and can’t work around it. Are you using a beta version of chrome?

(Bob Kerr) #250

Same here, tried different browsers, but I think is about Android version not really the browser. If you find a way, please let me know.

Having problems trying to get past the “Samsung Browser required” crap? Yeah, that was me this morning. So pissed as I wasted an hour or so dealing with this crap.

Here is how I solved it… Load regular Chrome on the device (if you can). (NOT CHROME BETA OR DEV!), and VERY IMPORTANT - IN ANDROID SETTINGS - set default browser app to open Chrome stock as the default. That is the only way I got past that problem - even reverting to stock Chrome

Samsung stonewall - I kept getting this crap since the incompetence that is Samsung app development clearly had hard coded a browser version in their code check

I converted my account on IOS, then still couldn’t login on Android due to this stupid message. After figuring out it was the fact I had Chrome Dev set as default, a switch to stock Chrome solved it!

Incompetent Browser Code Check Screen - FIX: Set to Chrome stock as default web browser app on Android device

(Sam Williams) #252

Hi jkp,
Thanks!
However, both my primary (real) location and the additional/empty Home location have the default=true flags set. Perhaps if I create a third location and set that to default it will clear the flags on both of the others… worth a try!

Edit: sort of. Creating a third location and setting that to default cleared the flag on the additional Home location created by the migration, but unfortunately I can’t clear the default flag from the third location now… so I still end up with two locations both set to default.

New question: If I disassociate my hub with my original location, can I move it and all of my devices, routines etc. across to the third location without having to set up all my automations again?

(Jimmy) #253

That would wipe your setup. Email support and have them deal with it.

(Sam Williams) #254

Sounds like the easiest solution - thanks!

(John) #255

I’m in the same boat, did the same thing- created a third location named Def, set to default, deleted the phantom location and now I’m stuck with the Def location. I’m waiting for 9am Pacific to try to chat or call.

Changing browsers is NOT possible for me.

I guess Samsung either needs to get their act together and program a working app … or they need to support Classic forever.
The minute they don’t, I am calling my credit card company for a chargeback.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #257

Chargebacks are only possible for up to 60 or 90 days, depending on the particular credit card you have. Check your card agreement.

While it’s unlikely that the SmartThings Classic App will be deprecated in 90 days, there’s no guarantee of what will happen after that.

So it seems the clock is ticking for that … chargeback…

(Lee Florack) #258

Not trying to be nasty here… Good luck with doing that.

You can’t change your browser to finish the log-in process then change it back? Why not?

(William Mann) #260

Agree. That will wipe everything. I did that and had to rebuild my entire system from scratch. Gave up on the new app and just using the classic one.