I'm fed up with SmartThings and looking for advice on alternatives

I’ve seen that before, and tried it again. It’s a little better, but I still prefer ST’s app. While I’ve given Home Remote access to everything, it is still missing several of my devices and only sees 2 of my 8 Scenes. It’s definitely faster than ST.

1 Like

It is not perfect John I agree but what pi##es me off is Samsung has mega money to get things right, the UI is an example of how NOT to design a home automation app, it also proves focus groups are not always partisan if they were ever used with this version.

Home remote compared to ST was undoubtedly built on a comparative shoe string yet it presents information better and quicker.
Yes it needs polish but just as it stands, out of the box it looks and loads quicker than the expensive and mature ST app

I guess, in a way I’m annoyed and angry, I loved old ST, its reliability, its look and feel, I thank and appreciate what the ST staff do to make stuff work but really so much is wrong in the app it has become just about impossible to use in the same way as the old app

IF Home remote had a few basic automations I would seriously think about that as my goto app which then brings to the fore… why would I need a Samsung phone in the future, I buy Samsung for close integration I guess, but really, there isn’t any

2 Likes

I have removed all the rules in Smartthings, setup Homebridge and now doing everything within Homekit. I also make sure that every new device I buy is Homekit compatible so I can slowly but surely start to rely less and less on Smartthings. Homebridge runs on my QNAP NAS and it’s been very reliable.

2 Likes

I’m reading up on HomeBridge, do you know if I can expose my Cree bulbs to HomeKit via Homebridge? The docs imply I could.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.