I'm currently using a very simple SmartApp to push sensor data to a google home

I’m currently using a very simple SmartApp to push sensor data to a google home.

I find it useful to hear when there’s motion in my garage as I often leave the garage open in the summer.

I also use this SmartApp as an elder care aid for my mother who lives about 20-ish miles away from me.

As the SmartApp works right now my Google Home announces all the selected sensor data whenever it is triggered.

I’d like to alter this so that I only push data to my Google Home every ten minutes.

I’m not sure what the most efficient way to do this would be. Has anyone had any experience with SmartApps that ignore all alerts for x minutes at a time?

2 Likes

I do not have a Google home, but I’m interested in migrating EchoSistant to also work with GH.

I’m interested in your work. If you want, send me a pm and we can talk.

2 Likes

Would love to see a echosistant for the Google home!!! I have both echo and google and I feel this would be perfect!!!

That would be amazing, I am expecting my google home to arrive this week. I would be happy to test anything if you decide to pursue GH migration :slight_smile:

FWIW buybuycool.com has GH for $95 no tax.

I’m hoping to figure it out… that’s all I can promise

I actually have a working version of “Ask Alexa” working on Google Home. However, the implementation that Google has developers go through makes it impractical for me to publish it. This is one area that Google could take a lesson from Amazon :frowning:

I’d like to talk to you about that and see what I can come up with.