I'm Back. Turn on lights if dark

The I’m Back action will let me turn on lights, but i don’t want to turn out lights if it is still light outside. I’m trying to figure out the easiest way to do this.

I would like to know how to do this sort of trick too. Reminds me of my “If X and Y, then:” problem.

Request an additional “additional settings” setting to be added. Like, “except when it’s light out” that can use a sensor or your hub location.

Your idea is awesome! I want it too. But in reverse for mornings.

Submit to support@smartthings.com

Twack

Never mind. Just found it in the dashboard.

Cool
I shoulda’ looked :grin:

Yeah, you can set it so when everyone is gone, they shut off and when you get home, they turn on only if within a time range. I wish they would offer Sunset with a offset.

But if you want to change your thermostat when your gone and back again when you get home, you still have to use ‘Goodbye’ and ‘I’m Back’ actions. Not sure why they didn’t have that in the dashboard. Gets confusing.

I’m not sure I am following. I think I am doing what you are asking about.

From the Dashboard, Lights & Switches section, I chose my Living Rooms Lamps (on a Zigbee plug-in switched outlet), then selected “Turn On When People Arrive”, under Choose Which People I chose myself based on the presence of my Android phone, then I selected within Only When Mode Is the value of Night.

I trigger Day mode at sunrise and Night mode at sunset. You can configure an offset (either + or - from local sunrise or sunset). That is done through the Mode Magic SmartApps (go to Explore SmartApps) using the Sunrise/Sunset SmartApp. There is another way to configure the modes but I can’t find it right now . . .

I think it’s all there . . .

Eric

I’m not sure I am following. I think I am doing what you are asking about.

From the Dashboard, “Lights & Switches” section, I chose my Living Rooms Lamps (on a Zigbee plug-in switched outlet), then selected “Turn On When People Arrive”, under “Choose Which People” I chose myself based on the presence of my Android phone, then I selected within “Only When Mode Is” the value of “Night”.

I trigger Day mode at sunrise and Night mode at sunset. You can configure an offset (either + or - from local sunrise or sunset). That is done through the “Mode Magic” SmartApp (go to Explore SmartApps) using the “Sunrise/Sunset” SmartApp. There is another way to configure the modes - go to Apps then click on the little icon that looks like a conversation bubble (in the upper right of the screen) - that brings up the “Hello Home” screen. At the bottom, click on “Change mode and more”. Then click on the gear in the upper right of that window. That allows you to define the triggers for modes based on presence, specific time of day, sunrise/sunset, or motion.

I think it’s all there . . .

Eric