I'm Back routine does not disarm alarm

(Zachary Evans) #1

I have noticed when I come home late at night my I’m back routine fails to properly disarm my alarm. I am using Smart Alarm and do not have any issues except at night. It does not seem to matter if the I’m Back routine is manually or automatically executed.

What will happen is the I’m Back routine runs; everything seems fine. Lights come on, Iris Keypad stops beeping. I am well past the 90 second entry delay at this point. Then suddenly the alarm trigegrs and my siren is going off and all lights are on. The alert I get says the alarm was triggered by the garage door when I initially came home.

Any ideas?

(Ron Talley) #2

Post a Screen Shot of your Disarm Rule

(Zachary Evans) #3

Not much to it. The routine gets triggered one of three ways: Manually from phone, from keypad entry, or automatically with Tasker. The night in question I did it manually from phone. The routine changes the mode to Home. Smart alarm is set to trigger alarm when in away or night mode.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #4

Try adding a repeater within 30ft of your alarm. Most alarms are beaming devices and can miss an event if a repeater with a buffer isn’t there to hold the message. The hub transmits and doesn’t confirm receipt.

(Zachary Evans) #5

I have a few outlets that function as a repeater. I will have to check their location