IKEA Trådfri

The DTHs that start with “ZLL” are for Zigbee devices that use the Zigbee Light Link (ZLL) profile which means they do not report their status changes and instead need to be polled by the DTH or hub. The DTHs that start with “ZigBee” are for devices that use the Zigbee Home Automation (HA) profile and those devices to report their status changes so do not need to be polled by the DTH or hub. For that reason we will keep separate DTHs for HA vs ZLL. We could consolidate the ZLL devices into a single DTH but that’s actually kind of a time consuming process to do that on the backend so we may decide to just keep the separate DTHs.

Sure, I can add those fingerprints.

4 Likes

@tpmanley, I really appreciate your detailed answer!
I see now. It all makes sense. The only things what I am a bit surprised about, that why would IKEA change from ZLL to HA at this point?

UPDATE: Thank you very much again! I did some more research and found some details regarding HA and ZLL, what explains why some people had issues when tried to pair some TRADFRI Drivers (and maybe bulbs).

UPDATE 2: I’ve read a bit more and I think the change from ZLL to HA must be the transition to the Zigbee 3.0 firmware on the IKEA devices. Indeed, all my IKEA devices which has a firmware version starting with 2 has HA profileID, when all the ones starting with 1 has ZLL profileID. And some of your DH code already incorporates it by some comments,

fingerprint manufacturer: "IKEA of Sweden", model: "TRADFRI wireless dimmer", deviceJoinName: "IKEA TRÅDFRI Wireless dimmer" // 01 [0104 or C05E] 0810 02 06 0000 0001 0003 0009 0B05 1000 06 0003 0004 0006 0008 0019 1000

Further reference of the firmware version and Zigbee version changes of the IKEA devices:

https://ww8.ikea.com/ikeahomesmart/releasenotes/releasenotes.html

@GSzabados Can you summarize or point to these issues?

@Geoffs

Zigbee HA vs. Zigbee LL

Some comments explains why some Tradfri Drivers are not working with Zigbee channel 24.

Update: I have just read your question again.

Thanks, will wait until Tuesday and see what happens when I reconnect them.

I’m still non the wiser how simply tweaking the DH slider config on something that works from a 2700 minimum to 2200 and changing nothing else just makes the app go crazy without any reason, at least in the things I can control/see.

Is there a way of controlling or modifying the vid/metadata behind it? The old documentation seems to bear a relation to what I see in the old app (https://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/device-type-developers-guide/tiles-metadata.html) … the new documentation is pretty vague from my initial reading.

@stephendy, please see @jody.albritton’s reply from another topic.

Vid: What's available and what does it do?

1 Like

Just tried this now and the E27 and E14 work perfectly so far. Slider range reflects the bulb (2200-4000k) and reacts and responds fine without the previous issues.

Oddly enough I forgot to remove my custom device handler so it applied my tweaked DH by default when adding this again, although without changing my custom DH the slider worked as I expected it to without issue!

Have deleted the custom one now and re-added, picking up ‘ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb’

Just for my information on this and reading the posts above, this was all done in meta-data behind the scenes specified by the vid? The post linked to by @GSzabados Vid: What's available and what does it do? seems to suggest this wasn’t anything I could have tweaked, but could do in future as things progress?

Appreciate the the support on this one.

1 Like