Pairing Ikea Tradfri Wireless control outlet kit and button

So, at this point, with the latest version of Smartthings App is there a way to set-up the actual actions?

You can still use Smart Lighting.

I’ve managed to solve the problem very fast and super pro!

I’ve created a custom piston using WebCore.It’s much faster than it used to be with the DHT provided by Ikea.

There are +20 buttons available in WebCore. You can discover which button is which using the Live Log from Smartthings IDE and after that, you can create your own automation.For me works like a charm.

Thank you,
Vlad

Or you can use the classic app and install ABC Advanced Button Controller Smart app.

1 Like

From another small project of mine I,ve found out that ABC has some bugs.I find WebCore much more stable and gives you more automation options.

Thanks,
Vlad

@Sterian_Vlad, could you please post the bug what you have found in the ABC topic, [BETA] Advanced Button Controller (ABC) and @Paul_Sheldon can look at it.
Thank!

1 Like

Hi all and thanks for the useful information you share.

Last night I managed to pair the Tradfri 5 button remote as Ikea outlet after few unsuccessful attempts trying with the scan button. Initially, middle button would not register presses, but then I removed and paired again and it worked. Then created automations to command Tradfri wireless driver and it all works.

What concerns me is that the device shows its Execution location as cloud in the ST IDE and indeed all falls apart when hub is disconnected from the internet.

Do you know if there are any plans to handle 5-button remote execution locally?

Hi, I also intend to use it with WebCore. I’ve added the button to ST without any issues. When I press the top button it turns everything on and when I press the bottom button it turns everything off. I guess it is using a ZLL profile or something. I’ve added and removed it multiple times. Now it turns off only one specific device. Did you encounter similar behaviour at first and resolved it somehow?

Is it doing this without any automation setup in SmartThings?

Got the same problem where it only shows the battery status and does not respond to the buttons. Any new insights?

1 Like

Yes, checked the new app. No automatons there. I tried adding a custom automation. It didn’t worked. Odd enough currently it seems to be controlling at least one Xiaomi wall switch. Which is actually a repeater and close to the button. Maybe I should add directly the hub or other ikea device and see what happens.

Had my 5button remote working well using classic app to add the device and iPhone on new app to program… but today the buttons lost programming on all but top and bottom buttons, and cannot be programmed at all using iPhone. Could re-pair, but same issue. Can now program top and bottom button using android (without crashing -this is new, but actions whilst registered arent followed through by hub)

Anyone else had this?

Update - using automations in classic app… working well, much faster response times

what automation are you using? smart lightning or just routines?

Seeing up today in Android. Again top and bottom only!

@turned this has been discussed here… Button editing stopped working after latest iOS update

Smart lighting working well, combined with scenes (scenes for when you need to turn some stuff on and other stuff off at the same time)

1 Like

With popcorn effect…

1 Like

So I didn’t see that he went and posted any “bugs” found on this thread you linked. I’ve got everything working again using button controller except button 5. Thanks for posting about button controller smart app :slightly_smiling_face: I was able to get the 5th covered using smart lighting app so thanks to Turned for that info

Which one is button 5? The middle one? That has only push, but not hold due to the way how the button works in the IKEA environment.

Yes, Determined it assigns clockwise starting at 12 with 1, assumably middle being 5. I am currently only assigning press not hold. I looked at it in IDE and 5 was assigned. Idk could be user error on my part. Regardless, abandoned and went with Smart Lighting which is working great.
Edit: curious so looked a little more and no toggle for button 5

1 Like