Ikea Tradfri Remote Control

That is not how the dimming works with this remote. On press it sends one message, so the device would begin ramping on that message. Then when it is done it sends the release message and would stop ramping then. Look at the link in the post above from the HA forum. You are completely wrong about how the device works.

Events Legend

Switches are supported as one or more /sensors resources of type ZHASwitch (or ZGPSwitch for ZigBee Green Power switches). For most switches, the value of state.buttonevent indicates how the switch was operated ( x indicates the button):

Value Action
0 x000 Initial Press
1 x001 Hold
2 x002 Release (after press)
3 x003 Release (after hold)
4 x004 Double press
5 x005 Triple press
6 x006 Quadruple press
7 x007 Shake
8 x008 Drop
9 x009 Tilt
10 x010 Many press

The 1001 and 2001 is the way how HA shows different events. It has no direct connection to the Zigbee message what the device sends when it is pressed or held.

I donā€™t understand how this proves your point that the message isnā€™t coming from the device because it has to interface to the ST cloud. Iā€™ sorry, I donā€™t understand how you can make that conclusion.

Hello! Did you ever find out if this will work with the ADT hubs?

No, it will not work with the ADT Hub. It is the same reason what @broderickcarlin posted in the other topic.

1 Like

@Reno.nv he took the words out of my mouth. Sucks having the red-headed stepchild of hubs when it comes to zigbee multicast :frowning:

Did you end up getting that working Dan?

I have this remote and its pretty cool. But it only lets you do very simple things. You cant even do incremental dimming.

Only a set dim adjustment.

Is there anyway to change this? Id love presses of the top and bottom dimming buttons to do 5% increments on my nanoleaf and the arrow buttons to do scenes

Use ABC Advanced Button Controller, that has options to define brightness change by press in steps. I use that way on my LIFX bulbs.

Thanks mate!

Works a treat! if only I can figure out a way to cycle though scenes

Thanks again!

Please let me know if you have found a way. :wink:

LOL yeah ive put the call out to a few places that have been making these devices handlers.

We willl see I guess

Please ping loud when there is any news on that :wink: iā€™m very interested in getting more use out of the remote. I totally loved it when it was working with the IKEA system. Would be amazing if it could work the same way with smartthings

So Melinda from the Nanoleaf DH has said that there is a facility for a next previous. But that it comes form the old dev and shes going to check to see if it still works.

So its there, if it works. I just need to hear back from the ABC button guys to see if its mappable.

This might work :slight_smile:

I saw it mentioned awhile ago, but nothing since. I am having an issue with the middle button and hold. All other buttons seem fine, but if I try and hold the middle one it ends up sending the the button press. I am using the default Ikea button dth and webcore. Any advice? Thanks

The middle buttonā€™s HELD functionality is not working in ST.

Middle button doesnā€™t support hold I believe

1 Like

Is there any hope for the DTH to be made local some day? I donā€™t understand why theyā€™re even cloud-based. Do any other zigbee/z-wave devices which pair to the hub directly have cloud-based DTHs? Like is this standard practice for some reason?

yes, several do. Right now, in order to run local, the DTH needs to be built into the hub firmware.

Alright, so technically it is possible for Samsung to integrate it at some point in a future firmware update? I find it strange that natively supported devices which can be paired directly out of the box would NOT have their DTH integrated.
Do you know if there any zigbee remotes, which you can get in North America, that have a local DTH? Iā€™m assuming anything you get from Aquara or the other brands will be cloud-based since you have to specify your own custom DH to make it work?