Ikea Fyrtur Smart Blinds (August 2019 in Europe, Late 2019 in US)

5 Likes

Ooooh… I wonder if they will be HomeKit enabled?

2 Likes

Hope springs from the article, “Of course, the exciting part about all this…is that Ikea is in a good position to undercut the competition and push prices down.”

Now, wouldn’t that be nice! :grin:

3 Likes

The challenge is that Ikea Smart Blinds comes out of the package like this (but the savings are so worth it, right?):

10 Likes

:joy: would still buy it if it’s less than $150 per window and could be made to work with SmartThings

3 Likes
4 Likes

2 Likes

Woo hoo!

Even more usefully, you’ll also be able to control the shades with Alexa, HomeKit, and Google Assistant.

2 Likes

This is awesome.

2 Likes

Hopefully they come in more colors and slightly different widths for the USA. Most of my windows are around 90 cm for inside mount, so 80 cm is a smidge too narrow.

2 Likes

I realize I’m a tad early with this question, as the product won’t show up in stores until February, but;

Should we expect a DTH to be developed for these products? I have been looking for something like this since i started automating my home a couple of years ago, but this is the first affordable and semi ready-to-use product that matches my expectations.

1 Like

We can expect someone to attempt a DTH. No guarantees they will be successfull.

2 Likes

It’s possible (although not guaranteed) that these will look like a generic zigbee dimmable bulb to SmartThings, since then they would work with the Philips Hue Bridge also. (Half open = “50% brightness”)

But we’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like
2 Likes

April 1st nice!

Ikea’s smart blinds with HomeKit support will be launching in the United States on April 1st, the company confirmed to Fast Company . Pricing hasn’t been confirmed just yet, but we can expect it to be in line with the European pricing, which ranges from $113 to $181.

Ikea will only carry the Fyrtur model in the United States. This is the blackout model, and the non-blackout Kadrilj will be sold exclusively in Europe.

I’m sooooo in!

1 Like

1 Like

ahh bummer, I have been counting down the days…

1 Like

Never trust a product launch scheduled for April 1st :slight_smile:

6 Likes