Ikea Fyrtur Smart Blinds (August 2019 in Europe, Late 2019 in US)

Nothing on this forum should be taken as gospel. We’re all users making (somewhat educated) guesses.

2 Likes

Oh, no offence meant, I appreciate all the input offered. I just didn’t know how involved the smartthings admins are in these forums. Going by your comment, I’m guessing ‘not much’?

It varies. They’ll pop in and out to help, but it’s very rare to hear any future plans.

Officially, this is a peer to peer forum for customers to help other customers. Some employees drop by on their own time, but they don’t make official announcements on future plans.

There’s a different official Samsung forum with employees assigned to participate. But they don’t usually reveal future plans for SmartThings either. The link to those forums is in the following FAQ:

SmartThings Beginner’s Guide (2019)

The shades themselves works out of the box, just change dht to zigbee window shades. The open and close are reversed, but it works. The button is not recognized, not can control shades after pair with smartthings

4 Likes

A handler here if anyone would find it useful.

3 Likes

I’m assuming these are Zigbee, in-line with the rest of the ikea smart home lineup.

Could wait a couple weeks for official support :wink:

Not sure what the advantage of waiting is over using a custom handler now. It all works 100% as far as I can see.

Right now, no advantage. Sorry if it sounded like I was detracting from your work on the custom DTH.

In the future, there could obviously be some advantages. Won’t run into the stale community DTH bug, possibly run local in the future, possibly provide firmware updates, etc.

2 Likes

So we going to see the Galaxy Home or Ikea Ssmart blinds first?

And :laughing: at the Verge subtitle.

3 Likes

I think we will be living on Mars by the time these devices are released…unless they ask amazon for help…because that seems ro.be the only company that can get a product out fast.

The Ikea Fyrtur blinds are now available in Canada

2 Likes

The St.Louis, Missouri store has stock on the 30” and 32” Fyrtur blinds. I signed up to be notified when they arrived.
Three of my windows are slated to get their blinds but i need 34” Those probably will be coming soon.

I just got off the phone with a rep from IKEA. Sizes other than 30” and 32” will be available December 2019 in the United States.

1 Like

I am picking up the IKEA Fyrtur smart blinds tomorrow! They have all the sizes listed online but they can’t be purchased and shipped to me online. I had to pay online and pick up in store.

Thay have the 23", 27" 30", 32", 34" 36", and 48" widths

Fortunately the IKEA store is on my way home from work.

I got the 34" wide blinds for now. All total I need 7 but that will be done in stages.

Homekit support is finally on the way for ikea blinds

1 Like

Was at the store in Charlotte and I was surprised to see them. Immediately put 4 36” in my cart. Wife immediately took them out…

4 Likes