Ikea motion sensor

I have Firmware 0x20022623 too.
No working:-(

Still nothing new here?
Do the Ikea motion sensors work on the STH when you use the Ikea hub?

I just bought mine today … so sad it does not work :frowning_face:

The guys at Smartthings are working on it. It will be ready soon hopefully.

2 Likes

Hi, do you have an update for us yet?

@BroderickCarlin Tinkerer solution: while you look into solving it for the masses… if you release 2 DTHs… we can use the IDE to manually change them in the device… That could be a temporary solution?

3 Likes

Hi, I pair the device, new version, but didn’t report movement, show solution? Thanks.

For everyone running into this problem: We have a fix that we are planning to release to production early next week. Once it is released you will need to reset any Ikea motion sensor that is not currently working. I’ll reply back to this thread when the release goes out letting people know they can go ahead and reset their sensors :slight_smile:

8 Likes

No, there is no integration available between the IKEA hub and the smartthings hub. If you want to use the IKEA motion sensors or bulbs or other devices with smartthings, you join them directly to the smartthings hub and you do not use the IKEA hub.

I had a hope that it will be out this week. I cannot wait for it! :+1:

2 Likes

My sensor suddenly started working :man_shrugging:

I guess I got the update? Thanks anyway! :clap:

Does anyone know if this sensor is capable of measuring the lux?

1 Like

The new motion sensor does report that it supports measuring ambient lux. Our DTH’s do not utilize this feature and as far as I am aware there is no plan to implement this for the public DTH in the near future. It would be possible though to write a custom DTH that utilizes this feature :smiley:

As clarified in a post further down, I misread the supported clusters and the new motion sensor does not support a Zigbee standard means of reporting the ambient lux

4 Likes

Whoa! Nifty. I’m gonna need you guys to move the DTH to the public repo :grin:

Just to confirm:

New

Old

2 Likes

That would be awesome!

The only “issue” so far (I don’t know if I misconfigured something), but it takes some time (between 2~3) so the sensor update from active to no motion and vice-versa.

1 Like

Moving it has been talked about…

And yep!

3 Likes

That would be great if you could move it. I am really curious how you are doing the pairing with these devices.
And actually I am most interested about the 5 button remote. With some custom update double press might would be possible. Then it would add another few options for different actions.

1 Like

Let me see what I can do…

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see the new DTH… but while we wait… Anyone know what the buttons on the back do? I know one is for pairing… But the other two…?

The left one switches the sensitivity between day and night mode. The left one sets how long the connected light is turned on (if you stay within the ikea system).

1 Like

I also noticed the state change takes a long time.