Ikea motion sensor

Is it the same as the one shon in the image here?

http://mysmahome.com/news/6298/ikeas-smart-light-bulb-can-be-the-first-affordable-smart-lighting-device/

Long shot but give this DTH a go and let us know?

Yes its this one! They had the dimmer aswell.

Yes, Im going through it now but thought i’d ask to hopefully speed up the process.

Didnt work right of the bat. I will dig into it tomorrow, its getting late. Thanks for helping!

Good luck. Out of interest how much did you pay for it?

Maybe the Xiaomi motion DTH could work… those are ZigBee and works for me in ST

It was sold bundled with a bulb for ~$25.

I’ve tried that. Its sold with a bulb and your supposed to be able to connect directly to bulbs. Maybe it sends a different command if motion is detected then other motion detectors? Or maybe not. Im not really experienced with zigbee programming. The battery status works with almost every DH though.

Does posting the raw description of the device here give any clues?

That may help, and there should also be a “zbjoin” event in your hub logs with more detail.

This is the zbjoin:

zbjoin: {“dni”:“0D14”,“d”:“000B57FFFE2EE74B”,“capabilities”:“80”,“endpoints”:[{“simple”:“01 0104 0850 02 06 0000 0001 0003 0009 0B05 1000 05 0003 0004 0006 0019 1000”,“application”:“11”,“manufacturer”:“IKEA of Sweden”,“model”:“TRADFRI motion sensor”}]}

After researching and trying to decipher the zbjoin response i have sorted it out as far as i can for now, is this correct? In my n00b mind the motion sensor could report motion in the out-cluster “0006” as an on/off command? I’ve read the guide for writing zigbee DHs but it’s kinda hard to grip…

Endpoint:

Profile ID:

Device ID:

Device Version:

In clusters:
0000 - Basic -
0001 - Power configuration
0003 - Identify
0009 - Alarm
0B05 ???
1000 ???

out:
0003 Identify
0004 Groups
0006 On/Off
0019 Reserved
1000 ???

Hi

Do you know in which countries is it going to be sold?
We have tradfri here in Italy but could not find the motion sensor
thanks
f

No, sorry, no idea…

The zbjoin event looks promising. Should be possible to make a DH that works. In which country was this purchased?

The following thread is my favorite example of how a community member who didn’t really know anything about writing zigbee device type handlers was able to write one for a brand-new device, in that case the securifi key fob. He got a lot of help from more experienced members. Just skimming through that might give you some ideas about the steps to take.

@Arnqvist what IKEA store did you fint them in? I looked at Barkaby but they didn’t have them

It was purchased in Sweden.

In Umeå. They hade then in the shelves but they were not for sale yet. But i managed to talk them into selling it to me anyway:)

1 Like