iHome Smart plug connectivity Lost today (January 2018)

@Brad_ST Right there with you. I did a factory reset on the living room lamp again hoping that when I set it back up ST’s would see it as new and add it back…it did. The screen looks correct now too. Can you review it and see if it looks good on your end?

Guess the only way to fix the others is:

1. Remove device from SmartThings
  2. Reset the device and add it back in iHome
  3. SmartThings will find the “new” device (must remove from SmartThings before it is added back to iHome)
  4. Set everything associated with the plug back up…including Alexa. Maybe Google too, but I don’t have our Google Home devices connected to ST’s.

Living Room Lamp looks right.

Guess I will do that to all of them then. Too bad there isn’t an easier way.
Was this a glitch in ihome’s firmware? Or something with SmartThings? On the next firmware update could this same issue reappear?

I have been using my ihome plugs for just a few days now and all of a sudden this morning Alexa can not get to either and my ihome app can not get to one of them. I have reset one plug back to factory setting and rebuilt but no luck. Everything says it is connected to wlreless but still not working . What was the end result on your issue back in January

The proper test for cloud or WiFi with iHome is to look in the iHome app, and see what color the circle on the far right is. If green, then go to settings on your phone and turn off WiFi. Now go back to iHome device, and check the color of the circle. Chances are it is red. If so follow these directions.

1. turn on WiFi on phone.
  2. At plug hold button until green light flashes and release
  3. On the phone go to Wifi and scroll down until you see the iHome plug, and select it.
  4. Allow the iHome plug to connect to WiFi
  5. Now go back to the iHome app and check color of circle, if green, try to connect to the iPhone app.

Next if it doesn’t work go to iHome page and see if there is anything listed about an outage. If not call them.

I’m have the same problem as January. My Alexa cannot find my Ihome plugs.
They are not wort the effort anymore. Unhappy with their support.
I have had good luck with the Kasa app and the TP-link plugs so far.

This isn’t a SmartThings issue, it’s still an iHome issue. If control is dropping out of Alexa, Google Asst, and SmartThings then there is still a cloud issue going on. For me, when they all go down if I just reboot the access point they are on (I have one that is just for 2ghz devices) they come back up just fine and are usually controllable for 3 or 4 days before it happens again. It beats having to unplug each one.

You have to notify iHome, if nobody informs them there is no way it will be fixed. It took a number of hours at the last cloud burn-up for anyone to call.

Yes, thank you. I am aware it’s a Ihome issue. Just wanted people to know
its a troublesome product.

I don’t really care to call them. I still have control via HomeKit so I have a simple workaround. Not really worth my time trying to get them to figure it out.

Ya, it’s a shame because I went a couple of years with really no issues and then the January outage hit and now the product is quite unreliable.

They are doing a network upgrade, including a notifier for outages, similar to SmartThings. But if they aren’t aware of the problem, there is no way it will be fixed. Example my plugs have been working for a few weeks. But yours are out.

Curious, what model plug do you have?

I am having the same offline issue with my 2 iSP5 ihome plugs. I have sent 2 emails to ihome support over the last week but have not received any response yet.

I always call them , and get fast service, other than a short wait on the phone.

1 Like

I received a follow up email from iHome today that they did a database migration on Feb 27 that should fix the issues we hav been having.

I has IPS-5s they replaced them with IPS-6 plugs.

Mine are disconnected from SmartThings again.

Mine are still up, but I hope it stays that way. I am almost positive the offline messages, and the offline in the app, are not ihome’s problem, but SmartThings. I have had one or two of every type of device go offline this week, then back online in a few minutes. I have no idea why, but if it continues I will contact the support team.

Has anyone here been able to get an IHome ISP100(b) to work with smartthings? I was gifted one and would like to try getting it to work.
thanks for any suggestions.
Pete