iHome Smart plug connectivity Lost today (January 2018)

Anything else I (we) need to do at this point?

Mine are out again also. The new problem is with ISP-5 they work in iHome app only with WiFi not with phone network. ISP-8 works both WiFi and off WiFi.

I just spoke to iHome and here are the instructions to get them to work.

1. Turn off WiFi on your phone
  2. Press button on plug just until green light flashes then release
  3. Go to WiFi on your phone turn it on
  4. Select the iHome plug at the bottom.
  5. Tap it
  6. Wait until it connects to you network
  7. Turn off WiFi on phone
  8. Go to ihome app
  9. Make sure you have a blue circle on the right next to plug name.
    If you do all is good turn on phone WiFi. You are done. If not repeat process. Do this for each plug one at a time.
1 Like

After the hub update I have no control over all 7 of my switches. This is getting ridiculous. I donā€™t know who to blame at this point.

Follow my instructions above post one plug at a time.

I did that yesterday.

It isnā€™t SmartThings, but give them a call. Before you do that. Turn off WiFi on phone and go into the iHome app and see what color the circle with the explanation point is. If it is red call IHome if Blue call SmartThings.

Thanks, but this does not fix the ā€œSomethings Wrongā€ message I get with SmartThings.

Try one last thing. In SmartThings app go to Automatons>iHome connect, open it and click save. Close SmartThings app reopen it and see.

That didnā€™t work eitherā€¦tried that the other day and again just now. I did call iHomeā€¦they said the plugs have to be factory reset and setup again. Fun. Isnā€™t that usually the default answer. Lol

What color were the circles in iHome App?

I havenā€™t ever seen this before but it seems the devicesā€™ uuids are corrupted. Rather than seeing a typical UUID for the iHome devices, the 4 of the 5 which are not working have their DNI in place of the UUID.

Working device where the deviceā€™s uuid is unique from the DNI:

Non-working device where the deviceā€™s uuid is the same as the DNI:

Removing and re-adding within SmartThings would likely fix it but isnā€™t an ideal or pain-free solution.

1 Like

I would report this to SmartThings, as this can be a firmware problem.

1 Like

W@Brad_ST
I just did a factory reset on the Living Room Lamp and Playroom Lamp. I deleted the old and added them back. Same names thoug. Still seeing the error message. Are you able to see the same glitch after the reset?

Going to do the same with the Outside Lights now too. Why not, right?

Well the devices werenā€™t removed from SmartThings.

If you are willing, you could try removing them from ST.

Sure. Living Room Lamp has been removed. (Part of 13 activitiesā€¦ :frowning: ) I donā€™t see how to add it back though, so I would need assistance there. Should I just remove iHome from SmartThings?

Well before you do that, if you go into the iHome Control (Connect) SmartApp, can you re-select the Living Room Lamp?

@Brad_ST It doesnā€™t give me that option.

That is where I get confused. IHome said the same thing but the only option I have available to me is to choose default location. As @SquattingHen pointed out in his post above.

Oof, sorry about that.

So ST is just ā€œreceivingā€ all of the devices from iHome. We could try removing the device from iHome and seeing if it re-adds in ST. Or go nuclear and remove iHome from ST completely and re-add.