IFTTT now only allows 3 applets in the free version

I signed up for a pro account. I got charged on my account and it did show pro for a day or so. Now it continues to ask me to upgrade or I lose my apps. I cant get gold of anyone over there either. I think it’s time to move on!! :rage:

2 Likes

This is my worry as well. I’m not Concerned about the introduction of a subscription model: I’m concerned about the way in which they introduced a subscription model. It feels like a Hail Mary to me. I’d rather move on now.

For me, the combination of Alexa routines, Homekit under iOS 14, and SmartThings covers all my integrations. I just had to put in the effort to set everything up. But Homekit’s new ability to trigger off of specific texts closed a big gap for me in a now IFTTT-free setup. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I may have to look into using alexa for my virtual switches on blink. I’m giving ifttt a week to respond and see if I actually have all 4 of my applets still work under PRO. and if not I move on as well and the card charged goes bye bye as well

1 Like

You’ll still need IFTTT. Alexa can’t use your Blink cameras in Routines yet. I’ve tried several ways to work around IFTTT for Blink, but haven’t found anything yet.

Alexa integration is complicated, but works for some features and some models.

https://support.blinkforhome.com/integrations/alexa-routine-triggers

https://support.blinkforhome.com/integrations/alexa-setup-and-troubleshooting-guide

You may have to do the thing of setting up two echo devices near each other, and have the first one speak a command to the second one. I think that’s definitely necessary for arm/disarm when you also need a pin code.

I’m not saying this is easy or elegant, but I think a lot of things are possible. :wink:

1 Like

I see that now. This just continues to get better (worse) and better (worse). :rage:

1 Like

It’s only $2/month…I understand the frustration but $2 is nothing compared to ease of use and peace of mind.

1 Like

Absolutely, but paying this subscription isn’t going to give me peace of mind because of the way this has all been handled. I just don’t have confidence that Ifttt will still be around six months from now. But that’s an evaluation each person has to make for themselves. :thinking:

4 Likes

At least it’s around now up until it’s not…sorta like the Classic App, IDE, custom DTH, etc. you know that stuff that made this platform great.

I purchased @RBoy sub specifically for my Blink Cameras. It work so well that I purchased 6 more! They pulled the plug on that and we were all effected by it. The cameras became paperweights for me. For now, IFTTT is the next best thing.

I could either spend $$$$ replacing the 9 that I have for something that may or may not work with ST in the future or I can pay $2/month and keep it moving.

Even if ST started a sub to keep my current functionality, I’d probably pay that as well. I literally paid less than $100 for the ST Hub but have close to 300 devices that depend on its cloud services. I can’t imagine how much data I use but I know it cost more than what I paid for the Hub.

At the end of the day, $2/month is just not enough to fight about. IMHO

1 Like

I retired my last ifttt automations recently, took a bit of fiddling with St, cloud integration of the devices and Echo but its now done and working fine, all it means to me for the future is to avoid buying devices that rely on ifttt integration, St integrations have most things I need

3 Likes

These are pretty much the exact two thoughts that were going through my head.

I ended up spending the effort to move the automations off of IFTTT as I wasn’t a fan of how they handled the transition… but it was less about them charging and more about the principles of how they are handling the transition.

2 Likes

What are you using now?

1 Like

A variety of things. :man_facepalming: I moved as much as I could into native SmartThings automations.

Looking back on it, it would have been much easier to just keep using IFTTT.

2 Likes

Two of my three remaining applets don’t really work anymore. A separate thread alerted me to SkyBell dropping IFTTT. Another that asked Google Assistant to send an SMS hasn’t worked correctly in weeks.

The third works, but was really intended as a novelty as I was learning webCoRE :slight_smile:

1 Like

The only thing I’m keeping IFTTT for is an applet that triggers a switchbot scene (sends a string of ir commands to switch my stereo to aux), integrated with tasker via webhooks/join. A switchbot scene is the only way I can reliably get ir commands to fire quickly in the correct sequence and scenes only seem to be available to ifttt, not smartthings (simple device control via smartthings is fine).
Im very lucky that I only needed to keep 1 applet out of about 20 I’d made

2 Likes

So how do you connect 2 accounts to smartthings? I created a second IFTTT account to arm/disarm 3 blinks modules, 6 applets. In webcore I run the webhook URL but that will only allow me to do it with 1 account. How would I arm/disarm with 2 accounts, run a virtual switch?

I logged on to IFTTT with each account and linked each with ST. Each account can see all the ST devices, including the virtual switches which is what’s used to make ST and Blink work.

Virtual switch:

IFTTT:

2 Likes