IFTTT and SmartThings (UK accounts)

Yup, exactly what I did.

“Life over the pond”

This is somewhat jumping the gun as there is no official announcement or expectation that it should be working yet.

I have a feeling we might be entering this second stage…

… or hopefully there are some different aspects about this working from the UK that the documentation will address.

4 Likes

+1 for selecting a good gif

2 Likes

Does that mean there will be an official announcement or are we going to have to keep hitting the retry button??

1 Like

I have same problem in Brazil. :frowning:

Particularly since the implementation has caused critical global scope problems for the most popular Community developed web services SmartApps (SmartTiles, SmartRules, SharpTools, and more…).

its good it broke everything ill say. solution may come quicker :smiley:

1 Like

1 Like

So appropriate! Patch it up, baby - Elvis

1 Like

I’ve been discussing problems with my presence sensors and potential work arounds. All of the workarounds I was trying were failing because of the OAuth, so we got talking about that too.

Just recieved an email back from them this morning - the fix might be out pretty soon!

The OAuth fix is nearly ready! In fact I may be able to give you some good news later this afternoon, I will come back to you shortly.

Just tried a few seconds ago and IFTTT connected fine :slight_smile:

Although saying that, it does appear to have trouble reading my sensors when I try to create a recipe :joy:

Same here. Can see devices on IFTTT but cant access when selecting receipe. Also no devices in sharptools and pebble app

Yeah, mine connects fine, but then displays > problem accessing switches

:frowning:

At least it’s a step in the right direction

Did anyone else have a system fault at around 01:40 this morning (UK)?

Smartthings suddenly decided that both myself and my wife had left the house - triggering the alarm to arm - then when we obviously set it off my moving around…

They we’re going to deploy a hotfix this morning, not sure if thats what caused the blip.

Seems so close.

IFTTT sort of works but won’t show a sensor in a recipe.

Tried to install SmartTiles, it’s now showing my location in the ST OAuth drop down (which is a start!) but then comes up with “Client is not associated with a SmartApp in location ‘Home’”

I understand each of those words, but literally can’t work out what it’s trying to get at. A developers error message if ever there was one, so can’t suss if it’s a SmartTiles issue or a OAuth issue ! :wink:

It’s a SmartThings platform issue. Affecting many third-party integrations that were previously working in the US. (Including SmartTiles and SmartRules).

Basically they fixed one part of Oauth which then broke another part of account authorization. And pushed it out as a hot fix so everyone was affected.

The independent developers are aware of it, but there’s nothing they can do about it. The fix has to come from SmartThings itself.

OAuth, because I’m getting it on SharpTools.

2 Likes