Ideas for controlling blinds based on weather?

thanks. could you check the version you currently have installed, so i can trace back…

• 2018-03-03 7.10 Add Smart Screens as a parent for on/off, call refresh from poll

That’s the first raw in my Device Handler

Hi Martin,

Firstly thanks for all your efforts with these apps.

I’ve managed to set up my Domoticz Server on my Pi Zero W with an RFXtrx and my two Somfy blinds are showing in Smartthings and notifications are flowing as they should. Happy days!

My problem is with the implementation of Smart Screens. I’ve installed the app, enabled OAuth and Published. App opens fine and see’s my blinds and allows me to add/configure them. Darksky is also happily pulling data into the app etc.

As an initial test all I’ve done is set up Start of Day and End of Day actions to see if the blinds open in the morning and close at sunset. This all seems to save ok within the app but no blind operation at selected times.

I’ve posted below my application state from IDE, can you assist as I think I must be being an idiot with some setting or other!?

will have a check!

Could you post the definitions you have set in the app for one of the shades? Looks like the sod and eod has been set to true…

Hi Martin, thanks for looking into this.

Just to let you know, I’ve completely uninstalled Domoticz-Server and Smartscreens and reinstalled the whole lot. Nothings changed with respect to smartscreens as the blinds wont work. I have set up a routine in smartthings and they will open and close properly, so Domoticz-Server is definitely working properly with Smartthings.

I’ve attached the definitions below, but as I mentioned before, I only set Darksky and then SOD and EOD actions as a test, so in that case they should be true, shouldn’t they? Let me know your thoughts.

Could you check one more place? The app will send events that it performs to the app itself. You can check these when you go to my locations, smart apps, click on smart screens, click on events in the right corner. Could you check what activity around 6.45?

My shades aren’t lowering or raising automatically like they did last summer… and I’m off the “offpeak season”…

** Edit: I see that the app sends de Stop / Open / Close commands are sent from the Smartscreens app but nothing happens in the real world… what could it be?

Thanks for this contribution–I love the idea of this app. I’m having the issue where the Sun Protection scheme doesn’t ever kick in.
I have my Orientation = S; Sun Protection / Action to take = Down, Protect until 80%.
No Start of Day or EOD settings. The problem is that the blinds aren’t lowered despite clear skies and southern sun.

The one blind that has an EOD setting of opening the blind, it indeed opens at its agreed-upon timing. But none of the other automated blind-lowering actions seem to happen.

Is this because I haven’t done the Calibration? That’s about the only other thing I can think of. The blinds controls have been calibrated on their own in their smart device settings, so I didn’t see the utility of this…
Finally, if I tap on Device State Information, all the categories show up as blank–it doesn’t show my Sun Protection settings…

Please advise?

I have this smartapp installed for about a year but I started playing with it few days ago. However I cant get it right and no action to my shutters is sent. I tried removing and reinstalling the app but no improvement. At one point few days ago I was able to see some tracing logs but since then nothing
Any ideas?
Here is the IDE log (unfortynately I don’t have the trace logs anymore).

bb8fc5f6-8b8c-465b-8260-cc7602748c56
09:56:54: info smartapp_pause called by smartAppName=Smart Screens, value=2, smartAppVersionId=58da0dd9-5eb6-4a6b-8215-950e6c9a548d

bb8fc5f6-8b8c-465b-8260-cc7602748c56 09:56:54: info smartapp_pause called by smartAppName=Smart Screens, value=2, smartAppVersionId=58da0dd9-5eb6-4a6b-8215-950e6c9a548d

bb8fc5f6-8b8c-465b-8260-cc7602748c56 09:53:49: info smartapp_pause called by smartAppName=Smart Screens, value=5, smartAppVersionId=58da0dd9-5eb6-4a6b-8215-950e6c9a548d

bb8fc5f6-8b8c-465b-8260-cc7602748c56 09:52:30: info smartapp_pause called by smartAppName=Smart Screens, value=5, smartAppVersionId=58da0dd9-5eb6-4a6b-8215-950e6c9a548d

bb8fc5f6-8b8c-465b-8260-cc7602748c56 09:51:49: info smartapp_pause called by smartAppName=Smart Screens, value=5, smartAppVersionId=58da0dd9-5eb6-4a6b-8215-950e6c9a548d

also attached are the settings of the smart app from the IDE

I was never able to get this to do what I wanted. I reached out to the developer and he tried to help me troubleshoot a bit, and actually advised me NOT to remove/uninstall the app, as it might cause problems (I cannot remember the reasoning). If anybody knows of another way to set this up, I’d love to hear about it.

I’m wondering, with Google Home now supporting more devices through SmartThings (and my blinds now showing up on the Home app, though with no controls), that I might be able to set up some sort of IFTTT type solution to control the blinds based on temp/sun position. But I haven’t had the time to pursue it, of course…

Let me know if you figure anything out!

Hi there. I have designed several Sun sensors based on SunCalc. They can be found at SunCalc Parent DH
Child sensor can be found at Child SunCalc Sensor DH