IDE says Not Authorized

@verruckt @tolik and any one else with this issue:

PM me your support ticket numbers and I will reach out to engineering.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Windows Phone - when will new app be available?

@Tolik @verruckt

I have reached out to support and they are telling me that this issue is happening for a small number (less than 50) of people. The problem impacts you at the account level and this why it is not reflected on the status page. I am going to ping the team about the specific ticket, but you should see a resolution soon.

I literally just got the email for this post and checked the app / IDE login - It works!

Thanks a bunch! Glad that someone on this forum is watching out.

I just want to add that it’s unbelievably frustrating not only when a product doesn’t work, but when support or a company is uncommunicative. Many of us wouldn’t have issues waiting days as long as we were kept abreast of the issue and any fixes. That was completely lacking in this case, and honestly the first time in my years of using smartthings that I’ve ever had it go down for days at a time, and had zero information about the problem, it’s solution, and estimated resolution timeframe.

ST needs to understand this even more so now that they’ve partnered with Scout, and many of us jumped on board with that partnership for our home security, placing full trust in past good experiences with ST. To simply put it - not having the ability to arm or disarm your alarm is baaaaad. Forget the home automation side of things with this one - the alarm is the real problem. It goes from a convenience issue to a life and safety issue, something ST should take very seriously.

Either way, thanks for looking out on the forums and catching our posts and taking action on them. I appreciate it, because I still haven’t heard back from support :no_mouth:

2 Likes

I’m up and running. Thank you.

@jody.albritton Spoke too soon
 the same problem is back :unamused:

Same exact issue - “You are not authorized to perform the requested operation”

Submitting a support ticket
 issue still persisting this morning. Hope it doesn’t take 4 days to get fixed again

1 Like