I want a rules engine, not apps

Yes, once dimmers are supported (not in version 1 but at the top of the list for version 1.1), you will set the level for each individually.

1 Like

Bummer (not in version 1) fantastic (top of the list for version 1.1).

I second this option! Iā€™m waiting to be your first customer!

In the essence of openness, here is an update on the app. Two days ago, it finally went to review with Apple, but it got rejected :frowning:. The kicker is that it was rejected for something very dumb: the fact that our list of available rule icons included an Android icon! I immediately removed the icon and re-submitted, but now we are back to waiting again. Iā€™ll keep everyone updated on the status. Hopefully the wait is not as long this time.

Um, my IFTTT iOS app has android icons for recipes. Just Saying.

I know, right! I figured itā€™s better to just get rid of it for now and get the thing approved, then later, I can try to get it back in there.

2 Likes

NOOOO!!! Crap, thatā€™s what it is, crap. Damn Appleā€¦

1 Like

With apple it sometimes depends on whether the asset is bundled with the app or fetched remotely. For IFTTT, all of those icons are fetched from the cloud when loading up rules/channels.

2 Likes

Ah, yes. Thats a great solution. Thanks.

1 Like

@obycode excited to see it when it launches! I might have to get an iphone.

Cheers!

1 Like

Probably too early to ask if you have heard anything so Iā€™ll ask this instead:

Will the app work with sunrise/sunset?

Yes, you can use them for triggers or conditions.

ooh, looky there, seems like that screen print will make me a bit more impatient. Now that Iā€™m more impatient, how you heard anything yet? :wink:

Hereā€™s a sad screenshot to answer that question:

@hscox030 - the app is great. @obycode did an awesome job with it and I know there are even better things to come with it! @obycode ā€œgets itā€ā€¦and listens to everyone on use case scenarios. I think this will be a ā€œrunaway hitā€ with SmartThings.

1 Like

Obviously we need to have a talk about your deficiencies. :smile: (Iā€™m guessing I just started a flame war!)

2 Likes

Bragger :wink:

20 characters :neutral_face:

Actually, ā€œfanner of flamesā€ā€¦good product flames, that is! @April excluded, of courseā€¦ :smile:

hahaha ouch! I love android though :frowning: The little green dude is so much cuter than the logo of a fruitā€¦ Iā€™m probably one of those people that pay premium for a pink phone though. 0:)

I only half kid

You should have named it iSmartRules to get their immediate attention. :slight_smile:

1 Like