I used to be able to use the fob sensor to run "Arrive" scene when coming home

I had the scene turn on 2 lights… And unlock the door (Quickset Zigbee Lock) over the last week it has not been working. So tonight I got some free time and started exploring. doing a “test” the two lights came on and the door did not unlock. I went to the scene editor and “unlock” is no longer an option.
Are we going backwards? I hope not… I can still control the back door (Lock and unlock) with the app (Ipad and phone) but “unlock” is no longer an option in scenes…
Any suggestions?

Did you change the version of the app you are using?

FAQ: Why can’t I use Geopresence or an Automation to set the alarm state in the new (V3) app? (also applies to unlocking smart locks)

No but looking at other forum convo’s I wonder if it was the latest update… Is the classic still available?

Yes, it is for now. You can use both but there are important differences. And remember that they have told us that the classic V2 app will be going away, they just haven’t said when.

Also, note that both app versions have a smart home monitor feature, but is completely different code. Dismissing an alert from one will not dismiss it any other app and so on.

See the following:

I hope they support unlock mode. Seems DUMB that I cant utilize that function… But I guess we did it to ourselves by being a litigious society…
Thank you for your help.

1 Like

It’s a common restriction on purposemade security systems, but not on home automation systems.

It’s particularly frustrating for me, because I’m quadriparetic, and having a hands-free lock was the very first reason why I began using home automation. ( once I unlock the deadbolt, my service dog can physically open the door, but I don’t want him to be able to unlock it because I don’t want him going out without me! :wink:).

Since the voiceover navigation broke in the SmartThings app about two years ago and they have not yet fixed it fully, I don’t have that option, either.

But it is what it is. Fortunately, other brands offer other options.

1 Like