I received status code 500 in response as a result of speechSynthesis command to galaxy home mini

Hello,
I’m trying to develop TTS(Text To Speech)Node in Node-RED.
So before i starting develop, I tried API test to my galaxy home mini using postman.
capability.audioVolume.VolumeUp() is working, But capability.spechSynthesis.speak() return Error code 500.

Is there any way to request to speak my device?

Request

METHOD: POST
URL: https://api.smartthings.com/v1/devices/{My galaxyHomeMini DeviceId}/commands
HEADER: Authorization: Bearer {My PAT}
BODY: {
    "commands": [
        {
            "component": "main",
            "capability": "speechSynthesis",
            "command": "speak",
            "arguments": [
                "Test message"
            ]
        }
    ]
}

Response

{
    "requestId": "12B98AC9-D4B4-4922-B2A0-138CD6F9B9BC",
    "error": {
        "code": "UnexpectedError",
        "message": "unsuccessful-http-call status=500",
        "details": []
    }
}

Hi, @wasi

I am Andres, a memeber of Developer Support.

We are looking into this. We will let you know as soon as we know something.

1 Like

Hi. @andresg.

I found the way. (But still don’t know why speechSynthesis capability doen’t work)
I used a capability samsungim.announment instead of SpeechSynthesis.

1. Register my PAT in My Device Node.
  2. Select Galaxy Home Mini Device in Command Node.
  3. Set samsungim.announcement capability.
  4. Set announce command.
  5. Type sentence want to say it in message box.

After that I could hear my speaker saying the sentence that i typed.

request and response log

Thank you for your efforts

Hi, @wasi

Great news hearing that you have found a workaround! The team is still investigating the issue. We will let you know if we found anything.

1 Like

Hi, @wasi

We haven’t found out the issue yet. What I can tell you so far, is that this same capability seems to be working just fine on other devices, so we are more inclined to think this may be an issue with the device. But this is just our idea so far, and more tests need to be done yet.

Hi, @wasi

I wanted to know if you could perform two tests. The first one is to replicate the error one more time since it’s been a while since the last time. Also, we would like to know if you could pair that device to the SmartThings App and see if you can run the command that way. We would like to know if that same command is accepted if sent through the SmartThings App. And the last thing, do you have Support Access enabled? If the answer s no, can you allow it? The way to do that is by following these steps:

1. Go to the SmartThings Web
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (⋮) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.

Also, please confirm the email address associated with your Samsung Account.

Hi. @andresg

I’m sorry to tell you the bad news. The project I was working on ended last month, so I returned all the smartThings devices including galaxy home mini. Additional tests will be difficult.

Thank you for your kindly effort.