I need help setting up a anon multisensor v6 to turn on and off a dehumidifier

(Matt Sanders) #1

I’ve tried everything to get my dehumidifier in the garage to turn on and off a specific humidity levels with the Anan multi-sensor nothing seems to work. Does anybody have any suggestions? Has anybody made this work properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way I’m kind of a newbie to this. But I have 20 years experience in the IT industry so that should help I hope LOL

Hi @Matt_Sanders, Welcome to the Community!

I’ve done exactly what you want with our three bathroom exhaust fans and humidity sensors. I use CoRE for that and it works great.

Here’s one of mine configured in CoRE:

If you haven’t tried CoRE, you should add this to your list of favorite SmartApps to install and use. Here’s more info:

Hi @Matt_Sanders,

I need to correct myself a little. Seems as though Smart Home Monitor - aka SHM (which is “built in”) can do the same thing if your dehumidifier in plugged into a controllable switch. That switch will be seen as a light to control when you tap on “Alert with Lights”.

You will need separate SHM rules to do the same thing as 1 Core Piston. One for turning it on, and one for off. SHM can’t do conditions like AND or OR yet.

(Matt Sanders) #4

Thanks for the info! I’ll give it a shot and post the results.

(Matt Sanders) #5

SHM will allow me to set it to turn on, but I can’t use it to turn it off.
I’m going to try the app you suggested.

Right. That’s why I said you’ll need separate SHM rules in my other post vs CoRE. One to turn it on and another to turn it off.

( I hate Mondays) #7

John, since the secondary condition is the exact opposite of the primary condition, you could have it all in a Simple piston:

IF
   Master Bath Humidity Sensor humidity is greater than 75%
THEN
   Using Master Bathroom Shower Fan...
      > Turn on
ELSE
   Using Master Bathroom Shower Fan...
      > Turn off

You’ll get the same exact results.

Awesome, thanks! The more I use CoRE the more I learn. I’m going to change them now.

( I hate Mondays) #9

Yeah, you’ll find out a lot of things can be done in a lot of ways. Pick your weapons. I mean, ways…

(Matt Sanders) #10

Everywhere I try to find core or piston it says it’s obsolete and not
available. I’m confused.

(Matt Sanders) #11

I’m new to the smart app and all that goes with it. I’ve apparently got a
lot to learn.

If you look up in my first reply you’ll see a link to the community post for the release candidate, and within that is the link to the code. To save you a little time, here it is:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ady624/CoRE/master/smartapps/ady624/core.src/core.groovy

And that’s not a problem! We’re here to help. I just updated my pistons to be even simpler using @ady624’s recommendation. Here’s what it looks like now: