I have a smartapp that I am unable to edit

I have a smart app named “Push to Xively” that I created using the ST web ide. The app was working properly for several days until I tried to make some changes to it.

I have two ST hubs in two different locations. I can no longer affect changes to both of my hubs using the same instance of this smart app. At this point I have one instance of the smart app running via the web IDE for my secondary hub and another instance running for my primary hub via my smartphone.

Here’s an error I get when trying to view the details about this smartapp:

I’d like to be able to update my smartapp once whenever I want to add new devices to it. Right now it’s not even clear if I can make any edits to this app via the web IDE. Trying to add my primary hub to the app for example makes the web ide hang.

Contact support (https://support.smartthings.com). They should be able to help you out.

I have contacted support. I did that a couple of months ago. They told me it’d be a while before a developer could get back to me and that I should post to the forums too. I was ok with waiting for a while but I do have new device types I’ll want to add to my app at this point and I would like to have once instance of my app running rather than on instance on my phone and other on the web.

We’ll get someone from support to look into this for you.

Thanks a lot. I’m looking forward to having this problem fixed.