Humidity (and temp?) sensor for high humidity? (2019)

I’m not particularly picky. I’ve got a greenhouse i’m currently adjusting humidity and temp based on some non-smart temp/humidity on/off switches (humidifier turns on if humidity drops below 80%, off above 90% – temp between 78 and 85 ). Rainforest plants indoors in Wisconsin require some assistance to be happy!

I dont need an extensive range in temps or in humidity sensing, but i would need something that can stand up to the regular very high humidity levels, and still report accurate info every minute at the most (would prefer in the sec range).

The sensor does not need to be battery powered. I’d also like to spend less than 50$.

Any ideas?

Monoprice 4 in 1 sensor
ZooZ 4 in 1 sensor

You can find links to purchase them on those topics as well, both are about $30-$40.

Beware though that both has relative short battery lives, about 2-6 months depending on the settings and amount of use. They run on 2 AAA batteries but @TheSmartestHouse has one in the works that will use CR123 batteries.

You can use AAA lithium batteries as well if you want a longer battery life, alkaline is fine but avoid rechargeable as their battery voltage is too lower to operate these devices.

Alternatively if you have the Z-Wave CT-xxx thermostats (from GoControl, Linear or RTC), they also report Humidity in 3%, 5% and 10% thresholds. The 4 in 1 sensors are also reasonably accurate.

This should be of interest. (The topic title is a clickable link)