Hue motion sensor (no hue bridge)

I have a motion sensor and a ST Wifi mesh. I added my sensor as follows:

1. Log into IDE and paste code as new DTH, and publish
  2. Begin Search for devices on ST hub
  3. Hold setup button on motion sensor until green light turns on/off and starts flashing amber
  4. Light on sensor flashes green and i get a device found on ST app (classic). However this device just appears as a ‘Thing’

Am I doing anything wrong? After adding it just shows please wait in the device list. If i select the ‘thing’ it doesn’t give me any of the feedback one would expect from a motion sensing device. Is this an issue with the device handler setup, or fingerprinting or something else. I’m pretty new to the ST world.

Hi
I have this the DTH connection to a hue motion sensor and it is working perfectly. However (isn’t there always one :slight_smile: ), just wondering is there a way to set the motion active on the sensor to a fixed value ie with the 3 minute I think blind time, can the sensor be set to pretend to be in motion for a user defined time frame?

Thanks

Hello I have the same issue, did you get it to work so the lux can be used as a display and trigger?
(Using the new app).
Great to turn lights on if the lux level drops below a level.

Yeah the author posted the solution for getting the lux to appear in the new smartthings app, it’s a simple change in the code meta value Hue motion sensor (no hue bridge)

Would there be a way to add an on/off functionality?

anyone have the issue where lux is only reported when motion is reported?

I have all aspects working except it is always reading 0 lux. Anyone else had this problem. I have tried changing the update rate to 180 from 300. zigbee.configureReporting(ILLUMINANCE_MEASUREMENT_CLUSTER, ILLUMINANCE_MEASURE_VALUE, DataType.UINT16, 5, 180, 1000),
Reloaded the DTH and I know this updated as I did the change above to “generic-motion-4” and that worked. I have removed the device in ST and added it again also but still only reads 0lux. Thanks

I’ve managed to get it connected but it shows constant motion?
When I pair it as well it is recognised as the ‘hue motion sensor’ device but also separately as a ‘thing’.

Super annoying as the automation options within the hue app are just rubbish! I need this badboy connected to SmartThings!

Confirming that the Hue Outdoor Sensor works … with the two changes that are buried in the above posts. In the metadata section:

1. Change vid: “generic-motion” to vid: "generic-motion-4"
  2. Change model: “SML001” to model: "SML002"

I just wrapped this up 15 minutes ago, so these are my very initial observations:

• Temperature is incredibly slow to change. I moved the sensor to a location that is 10F or more cooler, but it is only changing at a rate of 1F per 5 minutes.
  • Motion - resets to “no motion” about 10 seconds after motion stops. I did not see any way to adjust timing, but that is OK for my purposes.
  • Illuminance - responsive and the numbers seem reasonable. Turned towards a dark hallway was about 100 lux; towards a window was about 1500 lux.
  • Battery - 100%. The code shows that this is based on the position between 3V and 2.1V. The outdoor sensor comes with batteries pre-installed.

When time permits, I will get this installed outside, remove my existing dumb PIR sensors, and replace bulbs with Sengled 100W equivalent. Then it is time to play in WebCoRE.