Hue junk in activity feed

Why am I seeing these? There are lots of them.

http://soletc.com/stuff/junk.png

Hey,

Wondering if you have debugger on?

No. And I have made no changes to my setup in months.

I have been seeing that type of junk in my activity feed as well.

Yes – I got it too.

My guess … “someone” at SmartThings has pushed an update to the Hue Bridge code (over the last few hours?) which is more chatty, by accident.

We have access via the IDE to the “Template Code” – does that access the latest published executing code? Is there a “diff'”?

Hi April…
To the best of my knowledge, there is no “debugger” you can turn on or off. There are log entry generating methods (“log.debug()”), but I think these write only to the Live Log, not the Activity Feed.

The only way to turn the log methods on or off is to add / remove them (or uncomment / comment them).

The Activity Feed shows all “Displayed Events” from the event generating methods.

actually, there is a setting in the mobile app to turn on more verbose logging.

2 Likes

May I ask… Is it documented or brief explanation of exactly what difference this setting makes in the Activity log?

Thanks!

LOL…

1 Like

Correction: I guess April was referring to the “Help Us Debug” / “Display extra events” option in the Mobile App.

However … the rest of my response stands – no, I do not have this option enabled; though I’m curious as to which Events this checkbox filters. Is is the “displayed:false/true” option on Events.

And it doesn’t explain the current rush of new Hue Activity Messages which continue…

@tgauchat has a Rodent Tilt Trap! :wink: the hue connect keeps changing every other day… I have been seeing it too along with NOT A HUE…

1 Like

is this being looked into at this point? I’m kind of tired having my activity feed polluted by hundreds of these things.

@April @tyler

1 Like

Hi Scott,

Sorry you’re still experiencing this :frowning:. I talked with Jeanette on our support team and she’s going to follow up with the development team on the escalation ticket that was created from your first post. I don’t have a timeline for it to be resolved but I’ll follow up with you when I hear back from Jeanette. :heart:

Hi everyone! @tgauchat is right, by adding displayed: false you prevent this events from showing on the activity log. I fixed this along with adding new bulbs, different device type for bulbs color capable or not, state updates for bulbs every 5 minutes and lot of minor bugs.
I will submit for testing and hope to publish this soon.

In the future, if you experience any problem with this integration, please mention me and I will take a look :smile:

Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

Appreciate the fix.
…

2 Likes