Hue Follow SmartApp? (Set Color in groups without a bridge)

So my 2.5 hues. Only 2.5 because one of them the glass is broke but it still works and works great in the lamp I have it in.

First, my Hues are all directly paired to my hub. I’m looking for a smart app that will allow me to group my hues so if I change the color/brightness/on/off on one it changes them on all. I know this is possible using the hue bridge but I don’t have one and don’t plan to have one. I also know I can do all but color with existing dimming apps.

I’ve looked around but can’t seem to find what I want. Anyone know of one that exists already? @JDRoberts please access your community memory banks and paste a link for me.

LOL!

Sorry, I don’t know one. Flexi Lighting would do it but you have to have a bridge.

Based on some recent stuff from ST staff pointed to the forms, I don’t think the smarthing’s hub has zigbee groups yet. I think that’s actually one of the zigbee updates that’s “coming soon.” But I could be wrong.

@sticks18 or @johnr might know. I think @infofiend only works with the bridge, but maybe there’s a reason for that.

I can put this together based on the Dim With Me app. I’ve done it in the past for the Osram Color Temp bulbs and the Fibaro RGBW strip. I think it works best if it’s device specific because color can be handled multiple ways. What devicetype are you using for your Hues?

1 Like

Wait… What… I stumped you?

1 Like

I’m using the official ST one. I have tried a couple others but, I’m trying to stick with official device types as much as possible. I also thought of doing using dim with me to write something but in all honestly I barely qualify as a amateur developer.

Look on marketplace, under switch and lights, there is a ‘color coordinator’ app that sounds it does what you need

4 Likes

Sweet! It was in the most obvious place! Good news, it works! It changes color, status, dim level! Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Awesome! Nice find. :heart_eyes:

Shame the ‘color coordinator’ doesn’t seem to work well with OSRAM LIGHTIFY RT RGBW lights.

I was really looking forward to being able to control a group of them as one single light. Otherwise setting the individual 4 bulbs to various dimmer levels, colors, temperatures, etc. is a lengthy manual process. :confused: