HUE Bridge OFFLINE

I swapped out an old Apple Time Capsule router for a new Orbi setup this afternoon. I used the same SSID and password for the routers so that I would not have to figure out how to login to everything again, to get everything working.

HUE APP is working correctly (light controls, scenes, timers all working) but I’m seeing that all HUE lights and the HUE Bridge are OFFLINE in ST. ST is not controlling lights at this point.

I’m assuming this is an IP issue with the HUE Bridge / ST Device settings. I remember when there where IP issues when the V2 ST Hubs were released with the HUE Bridges - someone posted here a way to correct the issue from IDE - I think you had to delete the HUE Bridge, then reinstall it.

Before I deleted the HUE Bridge, I looked for a way to reconnect and I’m not seeing anything in the MARKETPLACE … what am I missing here??

Need some help please …

If I remember correctly, you don’t need any smart apps - once the hub and all your lights have been deleted, you simply go to Things in the ST App and use the “Add Thing” function. It will discover the Hue Bridge, which you then have to authorise by pressing the button on the bridge. But I may be wrong.

That’s the other problem - I have 10 HUE lights in my system connected to 27 different SmartAPPs, I don’t want to have to go through the pain of deleting everything from every SmartAPP, then having to add it all back in.

I saw where someone posted they clicked on “Add a Thing”, then pressed the button on their Hue bridge and that reset the IP address on ST.

I tried everything I could think of, but in the end I had to go the long / hard / difficult route …

First I went on to IDE, made PDFs off all SmartAPPs that controlled HUEs lights, then I went through and removed every HUE from every SmartAPP, then deleted the Bridge, which deleted all of the lights. I then added all the HUEs back in, and had to manually go through every SmartAPP again to add back the newly added, and relabeled HUE lights.

There’s 2 hours of my life I’m NOT getting back!