Hue back lit house number sign

Amusing backlit house number sign I built.
I hacked up two HUE light strips, one around the perimeter, and the other in the center.
All packaged up in an HOA friendly “box”
Wife loves creating the various “themes”

Construction details…

11 Likes

ok…

THATS AWESOME!!

@ben, i think this needs to be faetured on the blog… jus sayin

Thanks!, just wait for the 84" 4K ceiling suspended, arduino/thing shield controlled, TV lift to go live…

1 Like

Very cool street number project and I’m looking forward to the results of your TV lift!

Okay… That’s really, really cool. :smile:

If you did that with a street number sign, I can only imagine what the TV is going to look like…

Most recent video is here: You tube Video…
Static pics are here: Lift archive…

It should be hanging from the garage ceiling with some weight on it this weekend…

1 Like

Ok, so i hate you for making me want to build one of my own… But love you at the same time for making me want to build one of my own…

#bittersweet

ha, well, if-in i coulda bought the mother, i woulda…

GO FORTH AND BUILD!, that’s what makers do!

If i start another project i think my fiance will murder me. I like living. haha

That tv lift is on another level!

Fun stuff, thanks for the compliment!

any video of it working with the tv mounted?

couple yea…
first one shows the TV moving out of the way when the echo is commanded to turn on the fireplace.

and

It’s not the quietest thing in the world, might work on that if it ever needs to come down for maintnence…

7 Likes

Mike, can I see the construction details of this? Looks like you had them shared at one point but now they aren’t there anymore.

Not much to it really, bit here’s what I got:

3 Likes

How did you wire it in to your house? Did you tap in to one of the existing runs for your external lighting?

these are hue light strips, they have their own controllers, this sign contains two independent strips, each connected to a separate controller.

I meant to provide the power to the lights.

ah, in my case there was an outlet in the garage immediately behind the location I placed the sign.
So I drilled a hole through the exterior wall…

I realize this is a very old post haha but I’m very intrigued by the idea.

I see there is a link in the first post that says “construction details” but there’s nothing there when you click.

Can you give additional info on the box you used and/or any thoughts you might have if you were to build this now?

I’m not very creative but I am pretty handy when there are directions to follow!