Hub retirements (2021) V1, Nvidia Link, ADT

Congrats! I haven’t received a phone call yet.

How do you send in the receipt? I got called and the lady said she would call me back but never have the follow-up call.

The second rep sent me an email for me to send back the receipts.

Do you call them? What is the number to call to follow up? I am no way to contact them…

1-866-813-2404 and reference the ticket number you received when you submitted your claim.

Thanks! I been waiting for them to call back.

Done with Smartthings and Samsung. Never again going to purchase any product from them or recommend to any one. Cancelled my order I placed for Samsung QLED 82 inch. from sams. I planning to move to Ring Alarm.

So… I didn’t receive the email with the Aeotec discount code (checked spam). I purchased my ST hub back in 2015. Guess I’m just out of luck? Or Hubitat?

I didn’t get the email with the discount code either. Yes, I check spam too. I’ve tried support@smartthings.com 3 different times and am given a response for a completely different unrelated question or I am ignored altogether. I actually have both Nvidia Link and a V1 hub, but nothing.

If you purchased in 2015, there’s a chance that’s the V2 hub since that’s the year it came out.

It’s a V1 hub (as an older model it was cheaper than the V2). Since my original comment here I have contacted support and quickly received a reply with the following information:

​The initial email which you have received from SmartThings is regarding the announcement of SmartThings Hub (2013) End of Life.

If you are using the V1 hub you should be receiving another email with the subject line “Your Special Offer for a New SmartThings Hub” in this email you should be getting a unique discount code (check spam)

Since I never received the announcement email, I’m not particularly confident in the promise of a second email containing the discount code. Can anyone here verify that they have received and used an actual code?

1 Like

I did not get the emails either. I found out about this when opening the app on my phone and seeing the retirement notice. I emailed support via the support.smartthings.com support page and received a reply within and hour with instructions on submitting the information they need. The only odd thing was the last instruction to submit a “screenshot of the complete email that was received from us” I never recieved the email, hence my support request.

I only have about 50 devices so removing/re-adding them isn’t the hard part. I have third party integrations such as Alexa, Ring, Nest, Action Tiles, etc. and many scenes and automations that will have to be written out so that I can remember how to recreate them after everything is added back.

I just tried calling the number above to check on the status. I was simply told to wait until they call me. The rep didn’t even take my ticket number. :frowning:

Email your receipts to support@smartthings.com. Include your ticket number. Also make sure you send the email from the address they have on file for you.

After numerous attempts getting my discount code (never got the email), I am waiting for approval from the higher-ups. This is much better than last week when I was brushed off and ignored. Hopefully the multiple complaints have triggered some action on this problem.

I had to send a picture of the back of my hub, but after a couple days I did receive a discount code after contacting ST support.

@rk54sm

That worked. I sent in all of my reciepts and they returned back the quote of $266 and some change. They made a point in the email about my gear being over 3 years old, literally by days of the announcement and that pointing to a refund limited to 33%. Though i would certainly like more i know that gear isn’t new. I just sucks that it is by days. i got almost all of that gear late February.

Now i just need to wait for the box to send it in.

Did they tell you that was the next step? They didn’t tell me they would be sending a box.

This is what they provided to me as what should happen next.

You would be receiving a shipping label to send the device to the ware house. Once the device is delivered the warehouse then our team would process the refund.

So i miss spoke about a box, but they should be sending a shipping label.

1 Like

Yeah…and you get 7 days to use it. I sent an email asking if I could get another label later on since 7 days wasn’t long enough for me to get a new system selected and installed. No reply yet.