Hub recognizes zwave outlet, but does not recognize wave Honeywell thermostats or kwikset locks

Thanks for all of the helpful responses. As recommended I called Honeywell customer support and they helped me factory reset the 2 thermostats and I was able to easily add them to the Hub. Now on to the locks. I am going to try again to move the hubs closer to the locks and see if I can have success there.

2 Likes

Awesome! Good luck with the locks now.

I had the master code, it was a Yale YRD226 with a ZWAVE module. I tried it so many times, I know the pattern by heart, master code + # + 7 + # + 3 + #. Tried it with the hub in exclusion mode prior, at the same time, and after, but nothing until full reset.

I hear you. Still wrestling with the kwikset locks. Calling customer support in a few minutes. I hope this is worth it.

2 Likes

I have had Kwikset Zwave locks in the past. There is a sequence of buttons you press while inserting the battery pack to factory reset them. As other have said, just google it. You have to have the hub right next to the locks to pair them. I would always move the hub by the lock with a long extension cord. The Zwave in the kwikset locks doesn’t work very at all, so I switched out the radio cards and made all of mine Zigbee and I haven’t had a single issue since.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I followed the recommendations and was able to get 1 of 3 kwikset locks connected via zwave with the Smartthings Hub. I am interested in checking out what he mentioned about switching out the zwave cards with Zigbee cards. How difficult is the process? Can you share links or info to make the change. If it is just as easy to find it on YouTube or google let me know and I will do the research. I appreciate your response.

Mark, It’s not difficult on the locks that I have seen. You just have to pull the Zwave card that is in front of the battery pack and install the Zigbee card. If you have already paired it as Zwave with SmartThings then exclude it first. After you install the Zigbee card, you have to do a factory reset again and then join it as Zigbee. You have to research which Zigbee card will work with your lock and get one and test it first before you buy 3. If you google the subject there is a lot of information about it. Most of it is from Hubitat forums but it will work with SmartThings as well. You can’t just buy cards from Kwikset. You have to search on Ebay and Mercari and a few other sites for them. Most of them were pulled from nonfunctioning locks and posted for sale. Do Not buy any that say Control4, these will NOT work. If you buy one and can’t get it to work you can always return it.

1 Like

Mark, there are a bunch on ebay that I just searched for. As i said, please make sure you buy just 1 and test it first.

Also, many people have got the Kwikset Convert Amazon Key edition and just used the Zigbee cards in them and threw away the junk convert lock. 42.00 is cheap and its a new card and Amazon always takes everything back if it dosen’t work for you!

1 Like