Hub Out Of Memory Message

so as long as I have Zigbee devices that are repeaters im ok?

4 Likes

Hi guys i have the same issue but i could not even add a single NEW devices even after deleting at leaat 20-25 devices and all unused edge drivers. It was fine a week ago.

Now when i try to add a new device directly to smartthings, it just could not find the device. Tried with many devices and it does not add it. What could be the issue??? It just does not make sense to me after deleting so many devices and unuse drivers, i am not able to add any new one

More details: which hub do you have? How many Edge drivers are currently installed? For the devices you removed from the app, did you login to IDE to check if they were removed there before attempting to add them back?

I have 17 edge drivers left, and some from smartthings. Have removed all edge drivers that i didnt use.
Smarthings V3 hub
Yes i have check the ide login and all devices are removed. It has no issue to add back devices in LAN as a normal search will show and add all devices again. The issue is after removing so many devices i cannot even add a new single device so something else might have caused this

I am not sure if the philips hue LAN edge driver this as it seems it use alot of memory? But i have removed many but its still the same. This was fine few days ago, and i have not been able to add new devices even after removing so many

When did you add the Edge driver for Phillips Hue?

Tagging @blueyetisoftware in regards to hue edge driver

Been a while like ~ 4 weeks. This edge driver port over all the hue features, rooms, favourites , effects, and scenes. So not sure if that cause it. But now i remove several but still the same. Not able to add any new devices

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

No. My current app is on IOS. But i also tried adding using my android tablet but same issue

So dont think its the app since i face the same issue using my iphone or android tablet

1 Like

Contact ST support and send logs

1 Like

This was discussed in another thread. It isn’t related to the driver. It’s a red herring.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/st-edge-philips-hue-lan-beta/249030/263?u=blueyetisoftware

1 Like

Yes. @blueyetisoftware , i am suspecting the issue was caused by the drivers that overload the memory. Which one i dont know. I suspect its the hue lan driver because i have many hue devices on this lan drivers, around 50. I have reduced few, but it still does not let me add any new devices as long as it is to add to smartthings hub. Any new devices add to LAN drivers are ok including Kasa , philips etc

I cannot add any devices via the scan method to smartthings hub. The issue it seems was i been adding new aqara and hue sensors directly to the smartthings hub and adding routines with the philips hue LAN devices, using the favorites scences and as such. So i not sure if this is causing the memory overload issue and stop adding new devices to the smartthing hub. Look like i hVe to slowly delete these and see if it works again

Similar issue to @mlchelp but i cannot add any new devices to smarthings hub

Some statistics would be nice. Approx “size” of each driver in memory on the existing hub driver list. Then we could make smart decisions about combining drivers or re-using stock drivers to make everything fit.

4 Likes

If you believe it is related to an Edge driver, you cam remove it and add all your hue devices through the ST-Hue integration.

1 Like

I not doing so yet as i have almost 50 devices on that driver and many routines setup already. Its alot of work and thats why i wanted to see anyway to confirm the issue before i do a massive delete and redo all the required routines …… jz note that these 50 devices are added via the philips LAN.
I still have as many as 140 other devices that work with with these devices

I been re-setting up my stuff onto actiontitles last few says, so wonder if there is anything causing it but i doubt so…

@jkp is this norma? Seems like there is many error:00

you should open a ticket with ST support and let them investigate.

1 Like

Yes have done so….

they will probably ask for “Account Data Access”. go to https://my.smartthings.com and tap on the 3 dots and select “Settings” and enable “Account Data Access”.

Yes also provided. Thanks again

@jkp
Smartthings support USA has reverted. They are not able to support this as i am not residing in USA. They asked me to get support from my region. I follow the steps to seek support via the app, and only a contact number for Singapore. When called , the support do not know much about smartthings.

Do you know the link / site to get support here?
Sucks that the whole device is stuck, i have devices going offline and not able to add back now

> > we see that your Country is showing as “Singapore”, your location is added in “ap02”.

> > We regret to inform you that you have contacted “US” support team and we deals with the US region products and App issues only. Since the supported devices and models vary by region we are unable to assist for your region. You need to contact the support team of your region.