Hub not showing on any api site (Samsung credentials vs SmartThings credentials)!

(Matt) #1

I am setting up my mothers hub and its working from the app and I need to create some custom device handlers. I cannot find her hub on any of the api sites. I have tried the regular graph site, na02, na04 and none of them show it. When I login from account.smartthings.com it redirects to na04, yet still doesnt show her hub. I have reset the hub, rebooted, etc. Nothing works. This api crap is annoying as hell. Alexa also isnt working and im sure its related.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #2

It should not be necessary to select a specific API Shard in order to find your Location object and Hub.

Login to any Shard… What shows up under My Locations?

If nothing, or if it redirects to a Shard and subsequently no Hub is listed in that Location, then you definitely need to contact Support@SmartThings.com (and please share what you find out…).

(Matt) #3

Nothing shows under My Locations. I manually added Home and it added it, but didn’t add any hub connection, etc.

I have emailed them and am awaiting a response.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #4

I think this has to do with “Samsung Login” vs “SmartThings Login”, though I don’t know the details of the difference between them, how that problem occurs, or how to fix it.

I just think the platform is in transition between SmartThings to Samsung for authentication (and maybe other pieces).

(Matt) #5

Well crap, it was that. I know I had tried both samsung and smartthings credentials, but that was when i was trying graph and na02. I think she is on na04 with samsung…quirky…

Thank you!

Now…my issue is why Alexa wasnt working. I think i read that Alexa only knows of the graph and na02 shards, any idea how, if possible, to get Alexa looking at the na04 shard? I assume that is an Alexa question, but maybe someone here has something.

Also, logging into her account on my phone shows 0 devices. Her phone shows them all. Sigh…