Hub Inactive - Support is Worthless

After more investigation, it seems that the problem occurred when I forwarded port 53 (a recommended step to get my XBox to work). Disabling that port forward fixed the hub… but now the XBox problems are back. I’m trying to figure out a solution.

I connected the Ethernet, but nothing changed.

Anything else we can try?

All the automation is working still, just the hub says offline.

Thanks

-Shane

Same problem here. Hub appears offline, attempted to factory reset. Deleted location. Cannot readd hub. Please help

What is the LED behavior of the Hub? It isn’t communicating with our servers and hasn’t since midday yesterday.

Are you still having trouble? Things look good on our end.

LED is solid blue. Attempted reset and light was purple for a bit. But then transitioned back to blue again

James

Solid blue is indicative of a network issue. Did anything change on your local network recently? Are you going through switches?

All good on my end, I needed to do a factory reset and then re-set everything up again to get it to work properly.

1 Like

Issue occurred after power outage. Hub is plugged into router via ethernet. Other device connected to router works. Attempted to try different router ports with no luck.

Have you power cycled the router?

Just tried a few things: cleared some router settings and power cycled modem and router and it is working now. Thanks for the help. Shame I had to reset and lost settings

Hi my hub has a solid green LED but is showing Inactive and deleted in https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com

Hi,
Mine (v3 EU) also showing “Inative” in IDE, and if i try to repair the z-wave network on ide or in the app, nothing happens.

Thanks

Update (15/11): Active again

Same here, solid blue after i rebooted vpn router few times, I bet some moron bans by ip addresses, also frequent logouts earlier. Every other apps including those on AWS have no connectivity problems whatsoever . I will now make sure not to purchase anything from these idiots again. I will get tuyas for 10 bucks and gtfo what a bunch of idiots these people are.
I also changed vpn certificates after last reboot it worked. You get a picture now? Obviously idiots could not trace something.

Hello… I have the same issue with my HUB. Can someone let me know how to resolve it. @Brad_ST… I see that you seem to have the answer to the problem. Can you let me know what I need to do?

Do you have more info or a support ticket to reference?

hi. should I open a case with Smarthings? Or what information would help?

By the way, here is some of the information I see in the web portal.

Status INACTIVE
Firmware Version 000.028.00012
Hardware Version Hub v2 US
MAC Address 24:FD:5B:04:46:12

This is the case number: 883315

What color is the Hub’s LED? How are you verifying the hub is responding to pings and reboot commands?

From what I can tell, it is just not connected to the internet. Look at “Last Ping From Hub At”.