Hub Firmware Release Scheduled for 2/29/16 (Hub V2)

After the update, disappointingly everything that was broken is still broken (ex. The rooms take forever to load, if they even do. Trying to view my hub properties gives me an access denied, etc.), and now my lighting schedules don’t trigger anymore. My wemo switches were all offline as well for some reason, actually a lot of devices randomly go on and offline. Sadly, I’ve had so many problems with the v1 and now the v2 hub, I don’t even bother with support. I am just happy when anything works at this point, though with the version 2 hub (which I got hoping maybe less stuff would be broken) it feel like more stuff is broken than was with the v1 hub and the app seems to error out more as well. Sigh.

1 Like

What’s going on my lights are going crazy changing colors on there own dimmer going up & down.

All right.
All my stuff updated and my zwaveSucID is up to 01!
Now I can use the minimote for inclusion!
Awesome. Glad to see these fixes being implemented.

all my schedule light are not ON as of this evening.
my wife complained why the house is so dark today.

$disappointment++;

Would you mind explaining minimote inclusion -what that is and what it does? I’m relatively new but I do have a minimote. Thanks!

Minimote inclusion is when you use the minimote to join devices to the Z-wave network. Rather than drag your hub across the house to be close to a wired lightswitch, your minimote can actually join it for you.

Take a read through this thread to get a better understanding:

I am not trying to brag but mine is running great after the update. now that being said I have no time based schedules all using lux and motion

So all your lights turn off when motion stops? Else, you do have schedules :smile:

some are triggers, outside lights mainly, to be one if lux is under 500. others like the kitchen turn on if outside lux is under 3000 and motion is detected. i learned fast not to use time :slight_smile:

I get that, but how are you turning them off? If you wait x minutes to turn them off, you are using the scheduler.

yeah I an doing that but its not a fixed time 6PM or dusk to dawn schedule. Those seam to have more issues and even at that anything that I consider critical is triggered off of device reports and I set their handlers to report every X minutes.

1 Like

Just when I thought all was going well, all Sonos apps broken :cry: put a ticket in with support

So the time based schedules are still unreliable? Except Smartlighting, which I understand has been ran locally for a month or so.

My time-fired rule machine rules have been flaky the past couple nights. Frustrating!

I jsut migrated today from smart lighting. it quit doing basic functions for me like when an open/close sensor was opened it would not turn on a light

I can’t even tell that mine updated. No difference here. Things are running great for me.

I’ve actually only had 1 mode change fail in 2 weeks, 2 routines failed to run properly (they didn’t perform all of the actions) in 2 weeks.

I’m actually looking for things to do with my system… I don’t know what to do now that it’s running so good. If they actually fix it… What in the world am I going to do???

Though, just to spice things up… I change my evening mode to trigger with sunset - 15 minutes… We’ll see!!!

3 Likes

You can always break it & start over. Lmao helps with creating rule proficiency,:joy:

Yeah, I’ve done that twice already… I’m up to about 70 rules in RM and then a couple of other apps to… I think I’m good on that one lol!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.