Hub Firmware Release Scheduled for 1/21/16 (Hub V2)

No,

It’s just that, we updated the zigbee library we use. No subtext here.

Details?

(Zigbee OTA updates could be a hub capability enabled by a library update, btw.)

1 Like

So, are we going too see anything new and existing running local? Something? ? Anything? ? ?

Is this going to fix the issue with the hub not accepting any commands from the iphone and computer.

• No OTA capability with this release. We are internally testing OTA right now
  • ZigBee library refers to the common library that we’ve started building now to make integrations and commands more simpler. The library is shared between the cloud and locally executing DTH. This release of the library is focussed towards the update of underlying command, refresh, configure and parsing APIs. You should see a lot of changes in ZigBee Devices (non-sensor) DTH code in the next week and updates to sensor code in the coming weeks.
10 Likes

What updates to live streaming are being made?

Also what version of the app is running in this promo image? It appears to show the ability to download videos and scrub through the app…

3 Likes

Will OTA updates be coming to the V1 hub or only to V2?

1 Like

Will the hub come back online after this update? Hopefully won’t have to drive to reset hub.

Thanks.

Lets hope this functionality shows up soon. The current video solution is pretty sad compared to everyone else in the space.

I’d kill just for pass through!! Give me an HTML “iframe” like function. That’s all this poor guy wants!

Though that (above) functionality would be nice, I imagine it would only be through the cloud integration with fee.

So it’s now 16.37 in the UK and it’s getting Dark. I can see no indication that my hub has had an update. Likely to be very shortly as the cut of time is 5pm so I’m going to be dark for a while.
Anyone able to confirm how I definitively check of I’ve had an update? And the exact version I should be looking for?

You might want to check tomorrow around the same time :smiley:

1 Like

Also think the planning around the time slot is pretty poor. As previously mentioned here it gets dark pretty quickly this time of year in the UK. Such a big window and also not allowing the customer control of when they would like to update is rare in the industry. Why can it not just download and wait for the customer to reboot when ready?

Oh yeah… woops. Sorry people. hangs head in shame

2 Likes

Yeah, should be fully functional once the update is complete

The updated is for Hub V2. I have Hub V1 and things aren’t exactly rosy. Half Commands aren’t even firing. Don’t forget about giving love to V1. :smile:

So, who else is scrambling to get screen shots of every rule and app set up they have done tonight…cause…

…I’m so looking forward to the days when I’m totally nervous about an update!

1 Like

Meh, I’m going to live life on the edge and not care, I could probably do with some tidying up anyway :wink:

If I get back home from work tomorrow and things aren’t working, it’ll give me an excuse to ‘pull the plug’ on the hub so that I can re-arrange my home office anyway :smiley:

3 Likes

Well i’m not saying that we’ve foretold it, but what do you reckon the likelyhood of the update going off without a hitch…maybe 5% :stuck_out_tongue:

lets get the bets in now…i’ll be the bookie

odds of 100 - 1 that the update works without a hitch.

it would just be my luck this is the one they get right first time :grin:

Can you at least publish the version numbers to expect after update/reboot?

How do we know the hub has been successfully updated? the reboots are in the log, but the multiple firmware version numbers listed in the hub details have remained the same over the past 2 updates.

I know smartthings wants to appear open to attract developers, yet remain very secretive. With the numerous bugs the system has had, the cryptic release notes don’t help understand if issues should be fixed now, or I should just keep pestering support with my hundreds of unpredictable platform faults every month.

Smartthings predictably unpredictable.

1 Like