Hub Firmware Release Scheduled for 1/21/16 (Hub V2)

Im scared… Mine is acting perfect today didnt even do the 630PM slow down

I like the sound of that. Local control of devices where I can log in like a NAS drive would be fine by me. Same here I pushed into this because I am in love with Echo. I will reboot hub tonight; I have removed power and batteries for greater than 15 min. previously, lets see if this works. zigbee lights bulbs are working fine - nothing on outlets, switches, and garage relay (these are z-wave). They worked at one point and no response from ST support, they are not making it easy to like this product.

well my luck ran out support “updated” my routines now nothing works.

@duncan quick question. Does this fw update fix the issue of device type execution behaving differently on local execution vs cloud?

Oh my god quick update. My two (I only checked one) z wave devices are online and repair did not throw fail msg. Here is what I did. My z wave are as follows: 2x 3 way light switch, 1 on/off light switch, outlets, garage relay. The outlet in the foyer is the easiest to get to; so that is what I have played with.

1. removed unit for wall
  2. reset outlet per leviton instructions
  3. reset hub
  4. Did several exclude/includes too many to remember.
  5. Attached 50 foot patch cable and moved hub within 10 feet of wall outlet.
  6. Ran include and the system recognized the outlet and I have been able to control from app.
  7. Ran z-wave repair utility - did not generate error for garage relay and outlet (it usually did)
  8. I can check garage tomorrow and reconnect the lights switches (maybe this weekend)

Thanks to this community, I dont want to think about the time spent reading and fiddling. Much appreciate the time you took writing this info and responses. ST support please note, I am not saying thanks to you, you never responded to my service ticket of a couple days ago other than to say it was received. I really have to think about if I want to push into a Nest thermostat - these lights and garage has not a fun experience and not sure if it will be stable.

Mine died today around 7p EST for a third day. Restarting the hub seems to fix the issue. But
It is very strange. My devices seem to respond to commands issued manually though the app, but statuses are never updated. This effects zwave and zigbee lights equally, for example after going to bed my SmartSense Motion thought there was still motion in the living room, and that light switches that were on, that were actually off. Sending a remote reboot fixed the issue. WTF.

since support “helped” me my z wave has croaked I cant get it to do anything and I am 90% zwave including my thermostat…

I got the hub v2 when it first came out and it has been a paper weight since then. Finally, things started working again, only thing that change was the update so it had to be that. Luckily, I’ve been extremely busy that last several months to care, but if I wasn’t I probably would have thrown the f**** hub v2 in the garbage. SmartThings just kept a customer, but just barely. Performance, seems to be back and reliability like the v1.

dont believe a lock(or any secure device?) can exchange security keys/codes/bits/whatever via repeaters?

Yup great update! Ever since this update I can no longer add Philips hue bulbs. Just bought a whole bunch more lights and now when I go to add them it says “upgrade needed” requesting me to upgrade my ST hub. The damn thing was just updated, what gives?

I have checked my ST hub, philips hub and mobile app and their all up to date… argh!

Yes they can, that all uses the same kind of communication as normal messages. However, you currently can’t include a secure device via a non-secure inclusion controller like the minimote.

@slagle - this firmware has definitely been more stable (and associated backend changes), but scheduling issues still persist. I have a routine (Good Morning!) scheduled to fire at 6:41 am PST on weekdays. It didn’t fire this morning (even after manually ‘updating’ in the IDE and verifying that the scheduled event was there.

The IDE claims it fired, but it definitely didn’t - no change of mode (Night->Home), and no other switches set to turn on in the routine were turned on. I’m curious why the IDE would report that the routine ran, but nothing happened?

same issue for me this morning

@guywmartin @greg

Are you using ST routines insret the routines tab?

I hate those and they fail faster than a liberal on a polygraph!

I use rule machine and made my routines there… Life is much better!

1 Like

I may move what the ‘Good Morning’ routine does to RM, but, the underlying issue (time-based scheduling) is likely a platform issue that moving to RM wouldn’t fix. :frowning:

I don’t know… But I do know this… My ST routines failed so much I stopped using them completely. I have them another shot a few weeks ago, no better.

In RM I do this.

Trigger - changes mode based on time. I crafted a virtual momentary button that is used as an OR trigger for the mode change just in case of fault to fire.

Rule - this is my RM routine that fires everything the st routine would do. It is triggered only based on a mode change. This allows me to isolate failure location.

Action only rules - used by the routine rule to perform things. These are general things used by multiple routine rules do I can make my rules smaller.

Been found this for two weeks with five modes… I’ve had one failure at 6am, but the backup momentary button fixed that when I fired it via Alexa

yes. This happens from time to time. I do nothing and it resolves itself by the next day. Luckily I’ve always kept the habit of checking the alarm state and not relying on the automation.

I’m using the gentle wake up smart app to trigger the good morning routine as it doesn’t work if you set a time for good morning to run.

Will the OTA capability be coming with the upcoming update?

Will this bug fix be included in the upcoming hub update?

1 Like