Hub Firmware Release Scheduled for 1/21/16 (Hub V2)

Hopefully, this will help ST realize the need to get more devices running locally on the hub. Having more local devices and routines would not only make ST more reliable but would reduce some of the stress on their cloud nodes. Overall, I am happy with ST and it has been doing pretty well for me, but I’m also not planning on expanding my setup anymore unless they work out some of the reliability issues.

2 Likes

How do you “move” a location? I went in to edit it and didn’t see something obvious. I did change from “en” to “en-us” and saved it, though.

In the phone app, Select the “3 dots in upper right” -> My locations

Select the gear (settings) wheel in upper left of location, then you can change the location save, then put it back (save)

Ah, I was in the IDE yet. Actually, I think I’ll bump the radius up a bit a leave it - more time for it to figure out I’m coming home and get the door unlocked.

thanks!

@Slagle I’m not sure if anyone else is seeing this but my shm won’t dismiss intrusions anymore. It’s stuck on the red screen. I will submit a ticket but was wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

Go to the bottom of the list it will say dismiss there. It messed me up a couple days ago the dog set off motion sensors like crazy. I am not liking the “improvement” to dismissing alarms.

That’s what is causing the green incident dismissed notifications in my app, but they won’t clear. Rebooted phone still doing this. And the red intrusion detected won’t go away.

The incident dismissed are just stacking and not clearing the incidents.

Reach out to support, they can get that settled for you.

You need to remove shm security then re add it. then all should be good. I had the same issue.

I don’t see a way to do this in the app, must need to do it in ide?

Go in shm… . click 3 dots on top…then setup security… then next then next again then remove. …add back the same way.

1 Like

Thanks! Just left it removed… to annoying the way it is.

ST has become way too annoying. Today it ran the temp in my bathroom up to 103 just for the fun of it. I’d be better off with manual switches.

ST is now officially on my list of must-replace junk in my home. What a complete waste of money this has been.

4 Likes

I’ve had to open a support case after the firmware upgrade. When they first pushed the upgrade, mine was successful but I got that dreaded PACKAGE_MISMATCH. I don’t know if that has anything to do with this but it’s worth noting. My firmware did upgrade. However, after the upgrade I’ve gotten a ton of errors. Most of them are based around ghost presence sensor notifications. At least once an hour if I am home my sensor notifies that it’s away and kicks off the “goodbye” routine. Then no less than a minute or two later a notification that my presence sensor arrived home kicks off “I’m back” Meanwhile, the actual sensor hasn’t moved.

I’ve removed the sensor from SHM and added it back in. That didn’t work. I’ve removed it completely from the hub and re-added, that didn’t work. Also, for the heck of it I rebooted my hub, that also didn’t work. So I have a ticket open with support as of this morning.

I can’t even focus on time-based events right now with this. Some events fire, some don’t. Seems to have gotten better since I re-saved them. I’ll begin monitoring those tonight. My biggest focus are these presence events. This is new behavior after the firmware upgrade. So I’d like to see this resolved.

For people reporting that they saw an event “PACKAGE_MISMATCH” during or after the firmware update I just wanted to officially confirm that this isn’t an issue and does not mean that the update failed in any way.

6 Likes

Thanks for confirming that the package mismatch isn’t an issue.

Still waiting on someone to contact me regarding the other issues that have appeared since the upgrade. I’ll wait patiently as I just put in a ticket this morning. But would like to get it resolved since I do rely on presence and at the moment am getting phantom notifications even after removing and re-adding the device. I’ve taken screenshots of my logs to give to support as well.

Thanks!

So what about sucID situation or the zwaveVersion not being updated (to 4.05) as someone reported? (Or was the report of an update to the zwaveVersion correct?)

Do you have any updates or thoughts on those issues? The update itself hasn’t caused me any issues. I’m more concerned that a messed up sucID or zwaveVersion is gonna mess with something in the next update.

This is good to hear. Can you also confirm what version of z-wave should be installed? All of my z-wave stopped working. I currently cannot reestablished connection to devices I have removed during testing and z-wave mesh repair has never worked for me.

zwave libraries were not changed it turns out. There was some confusion on this (I was one of the ones confused) but it was a mistake in the original post that has since been edited to correct to the 3.83 version.

1 Like

My zWave died a few hours ago and has been acting strange the past day. Rebooting the hub resolved the issue (for now), but I sure hope this firmware isn’t a lemon build.