Hub Firmware Release Notes - OTA - 16.9 - V2

They do have an API which they recently opened up.

https://eu.lightify-api.org/

I don’t know how feature rich it is or if it would even be a suitable replacement.

Also raised before…

1 Like

I’ve updated over 15 devices on Android.

As stated I’ve had zero drop off issues but decided to try the DTH and also introduce some osram bulbs. Within 24hrs I’ve had 3 random motion smartsense sensors drop off the network. Strangely enough the 3 motion sensors were the very furthest from the bulbs two floors away. Up until now not had any dropping sensors so it seems osram bulbs directly connected to smartthings (with latest firmware) is still pretty ropey.

@a4refillpad

But are your osram bulbs on the latest osram firmware?

Yes they are.

@a4refillpad

Ah, that’s a problem because the last post from the SmartThings engineer mentioned being able to reproduce this problem with an older version of osram firmware but not the latest version of osram firmware

With all the problems from OSRAM Lightify bulbs is there a timeline yet for when the OTA updates for OSRAM bulbs will be available through SmartThings?

1 Like

From what I’ve seen it would only solve the random switch on problem which is fixed in the latest osram firmware. Unless there is another even later unpublished firmware, it will not fix the smartsense sensor drop off issue.

1 Like

Yeah, I just don’t have the latest version of the firmware because I don’t have the hub (and don’t want to spend the money to update two bulbs). I’m wondering when SmartThings is going to enable OTA firmware updates for OSRAM bulbs so I can at least fix the random turning on issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.