Hub Firmware Release Notes - OTA - 16.9 - V2

(Mattjmiddleton) #90

Well I’m incredibly happy that the SmartThings staff are acting in a really responsible and practical manner, I work in IT and know full well you can test to the end of the earth and then a roll out will never go 100% to plan.

Myself and I hope the rest of the community will support not only your approach but the fact you are all totally honest and open as you go along.

(Tim Slagle) #91

You are not on the list :slight_smile:

(David S) #92

I’m subscribed to status updates I have not received any of the ones related to the firmware update. Are there multiple subscriptions required or is the type of announcement being used not getting pushed to subscribers?

This is why the ST Team rocks. Phased roll outs and being totally honest with us if things don’t go as expected. It takes balls that does, and more power to the team for it. :heart:
If only other companies operated the same way we would all be better off.

(Tim Slagle) #94

(Paul Osborne) #95

So, brief update from engineering…

At a high level, part of this update includes changes which require that we update the firmware on the Zigbee radio. For a subset of users (<10% of the initial group we deployed to), this firmware update failed on the first try (this is not completely unexpected). Unfortunately, some of the new logic to deal with how we communicate with the new Zigbee firmware from the host ended up messing up with the detection that the device is still expecting to receive a full firmware update.

Most likely, what we will do is:

• Push a hotfix to the small number of hubs that currently have non-functional Zigbee due to this update that should roll them back to the older Zigbee firmware.
  • Develop/retest a fix that increases local Zigbee firmware update detection/robustness and roll this out to everyone (this will be communicated).

We are also investigating the root cause for the initial update failures as well to see if there are changes we can make to reduce the chance that a retry of the full firmware update is required.

Alright, back to work…

(Dean) #96

OK thanks for the info! you are giving 100% customer service by communicating with us despite the issues which is very rare nowadays. So thanks to ST team!

(Andrea Bianco) #97

Any reported problems with Zwave garage door openers? Mine will no longer work wondering if anyone else has reported or seen this ?

Kudos on the process gents. This is the right way to do it.

Thanks for the update. Now if we could only get your mobile teams to update the Windows Phone app to be on Par with Android and iOS. Kinda feel like the red headed step child here…

(Devesh Batra) #100

@tyler - its the 18th and my hub is still on 015.00008. Tried rebooting the hub as well

Has the update been delayed again ?

thanks

(Joe) #101

Read up. Yes it has.

(Devesh Batra) #102

thanks … did not see that

(EinarS) #103

My hub stil got 015.00008. but it still did a reboot tonight the 18. with the following in log.
2016-11-18 6:39:00.957 PM CET
HUB
ENTITY_UPDATE
HubUpdated

Hub ‘Home Hub’ updated

Why?

(Eric Anderson) #104

I rebooted my hub, perhaps it will help with a clean update without errors… still at 015.00008…

I see similar “hubupdated” in logs as well, three times. As well as zw/zb_radio_on, which i think is the hub rebooting.

(BigTex) #105

I was one of the chosen few that got 16.7 and now have nonfunctional zigbee devices (aka all of my lights). What is the timeline to either roll back or fix the issue? Wife is bugging me.

(Tom Manley) #106

I am sorry to hear that. Please contact support so we can investigate further. Everyone should have functioning ZigBee networks whether or not you received the firmware update on Thursday.

Smartthings own brand contact sensors no longer working after update
(Eric) #107

So what’s the schedule for the rest of the rollout?

Let them have sufficient time to fix all the issue before release again

(Aaron S) #109

I don’t have all the details yet, but we will probably wait until after the holiday weekend. More formal announcements to come soon. We appreciate the patience!