So, brief update from engineering…
At a high level, part of this update includes changes which require that we update the firmware on the Zigbee radio. For a subset of users (<10% of the initial group we deployed to), this firmware update failed on the first try (this is not completely unexpected). Unfortunately, some of the new logic to deal with how we communicate with the new Zigbee firmware from the host ended up messing up with the detection that the device is still expecting to receive a full firmware update.
Most likely, what we will do is:
- Push a hotfix to the small number of hubs that currently have non-functional Zigbee due to this update that should roll them back to the older Zigbee firmware.
- Develop/retest a fix that increases local Zigbee firmware update detection/robustness and roll this out to everyone (this will be communicated).
We are also investigating the root cause for the initial update failures as well to see if there are changes we can make to reduce the chance that a retry of the full firmware update is required.
Alright, back to work…