Hub Firmware Release Notes - OTA - 16.9 - V2

Maybe read up a few posts before posting? Just a suggesiton :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seems like the status page needs its own incident as I’m subscribed and got nothing as well…

3 Likes

Any additional details on what is being fixed? All these release notes mention is OTA – but the email seemed to indicate some bugs with polling were being addressed.

Excuse me I missed it. I know it’s the end of the world on forums it seems. Takes longer to point that out then just say it’s been posted and delayed.

1 Like

still waiting for the hub update… 5:30pm on east coast

Hello,

Due to an unforeseen bandwidth limitation with one of our cloud service providers, we were unable to release the SmartThings Hub update (version 0.16.7) today. Due to this limitation, we are rescheduling your SmartThings Hub update for Thursday, 17 November, between 4:00 pm GMT and 7:00 pm GMT.

The update is expected to take less than 10 minutes, during which time your SmartThings Hub will temporarily go offline and events scheduled for this time will not be processed. This update improves Hub connectivity with the SmartThings platform and fixes discovery & polling issues with ZigBee, Z-Wave, and LAN devices. More information about updates to your Samsung SmartThings and SmartSense devices can be found here.

Thank you,
SmartThings Support

2 Likes

You also missed the smile at the end to indicate I was just messing with you.

2 Likes

Then you missed my sarcasm. No just kidding I did miss both my apologies.

2 Likes

I hope sufficient testing has been done on this OTA, and no user will report their sensor die because of that.

2 Likes

And still no word on when V1 will get any love. I feel like the ugly girl at the dance.

1 Like

That’s because V1 hubs just work. V2 hubs had (and still have) many issues and is not as solid/reliable as their predecessor.

I’m sure V1 is limited by hardware to do allot more. It’s like all electronics upgrade and with them at $50 right now it’s the perfect time if you want updates.

1 Like

Shameless plug… we’re running an awesome deal on sensors too!

Yes - I’ll jump right on that as soon as the promised migration tool shows up. Too many empty promises (including a v1 FW update “almost ready” for months) to believe anything or throw more money at ST…

2 Likes

It isn’t going to happen just migrate slowly

1 Like

V3 I’m sure is being worked on now and probably will be out before Bluetooth is enabled lol. It took Microsoft years to come out with a somewhat migration tool for computers. Well decade or more really.

1 Like

Starting to feel like an Apple forced upgrade program :frowning:

If your into electronics and you want added features via updates their is a hardware ceiling. I have TiVo’s and my premier is at that limit. I just accept it. My romios get slower with every update and it’s expected. The bolt has more ram and processing power. Anything that gets software updates regularly will become obsolete due to hardware. Phones should all teach us that. Apple has done a decent job to release updates and keep features older phones can’t support out of them. But it’s not the manufacturers it the progression of tech.

My hub isn’t seeing the firmware…

hub v2, US customer Rev E

Anyway to force it to check?

Post 43?..

2 Likes