Hub Firmware Release Notes - 28.11

Hey @Nick_Christensen, first thing I would like you to try is power cycling those Cree bulbs, if you can. Those bulbs are notorious for misbehaving as routers and may be preventing other devices from coming online.

One for the silent majority (?).

My V2 hub updated at straight up 6pm US Central time last night.

No glitches, no issues.

I’ve got 26 Z-wave switches and dimmers, 5 Zigbee devices. Plus an assortment of other things that show up in SmartThings but aren’t directly controlled by the hub like Harmony activities, Sonos components, and WiFi thermostats.

So, a miniature deployment compared to many.

4 Likes

So I’ve had OTA Zigbee updates turned off for some time now (probably over a year, at least). I know there have been some updates, but if everything is working on my end, is there any incentive to do those updates? It sounds like some folks are having some issues this time around. Finally made the switch to the new app, just trying to see if it’s worth getting that up to date as well.

If you have any Cree connected bulbs I would recommend against this. A Cree FW update some time back screwed them up. Of course if you already have that update or no Cree Connected bulbs then that’s not a concern.

1 Like

Total disaster on my end with this firmware update. I’m probably going to have to do a complete factory reset and exclude and re-include all 60 of my devices. What a pain. Samsung needs to find a graceful way to rollback firmware updates.

1 Like

I took a look last night and all looked normal. Checking again today it seems you were able to get past the issue. Zigbee bulbs can be particularly difficult to reset perhaps that was it.

General disclaimer, while ST staff are usually present in the community forum, it is not an official support channel. Please direct support inquires through https://support.smartthings.com

1 Like

@BarryA Thanks - it an ST power outlet that’s causing the problem. I’ve completed a full power cycle and other devices are back online, but the power outlet is still staying offline.

EDIT: Now back online.

Yes, I moved the Zigbee bulb to a socket 12 inches away from my hub, paired the bulb, then returned it to the location that worked fine prior to the update. My diagnosis: The update has impaired the zigbee radio’s effectiveness and that portion of the update needs to be reverted in the next release.

General reply: It’s extremely disrespectful and insulting to pick and choose who you’re going to help if you’re wearing the “SmartThings Staff” badge, regardless of the the channel.

so staff shouldn’t come to this forum at all? This isn’t a support forum. I highly doubt ST staff purposefully pick certain people to donate their time to in this forum.

9 Likes

Update went smooth as possible for me - nothing skipped a beat, and I didn’t even notice it happen.

Thank you ST staff - keep up the great work!

5 Likes

@Brad_ST I’ve noticed you here and there on the forums helping people out. Even though I did not need any of your help directly, I appreciate what you have done by going above and beyond to help those in need.

14 Likes

With respect, I believe you’re being too sensitive and overreacting. Good luck with your firmware issue.

6 Likes

No issues here.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s related or not with this latest update, but some of my Zigbee hardware went offline.
They do function and I can interact with them,but they just appear unresponsive-offline.

Any ideas?

Vlad

1 Like

Are they battery powered devices? They must have gone to HUB DISCONNECTED state. You can check it in the IDE, don’t rely on the old ST apps health display. I have seen sometimes they do go HUB DISCONNECTED and they are not coming back as online even receiving messages from the device. That must be an issue with the backend of the cloud platform.

1 Like

Hi!

You are right! They are all battery powered devices and all of them are in HUB DISCONNECTED state.
What can i do to bring them back to ONLINE/ACTIVE state?

1 Like

A simple reboot of the hub should do the trick…
You can reboot it from IDE…

1 Like

It did!

Thank you for support!

Vlad

1 Like

Do you know how to fix the ZigBee radio version issue?

@Simpson_Wreford, Have a look first in the IDE what is your Zigbee radio version. Is it 2.16?