Hub Firmware Release Notes - 28.11

We’re excited to announce the release of Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.28.11. Once downloaded, your Hub will briefly go offline as it reboots and applies the update; most customers will experience less than one minute of downtime. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target

• Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)

Release Date: 2 December 2019 ~ 3 December 2019

Release Notes

• Updated LED behavior for Hub 2018 for Wi-Fi setup mode (now slow blinking yellow)
  • Improved reliability when discovering Sonos speaker groups
  • Improvements to Philips Hue integration
  • General stability, performance improvements, and various minor fixes
4 Likes

Improvements to Philips Hue integration

What sort of improvements? Any specific Hue devices or new capabilities?

3 Likes

Any improvement on geofence and mobile presence?? It is being a nightmare lately.

1 Like

a little more information would be nice.
what is the improvement on Hue and Sonos ?

ANY improvement will be great. Mine goes down or acts abnormal on a regular basis. On my new Frame TV, it doesn’t even work at all. Worked once but then stopped. Gave up trying to fix it. Waste of $2k. Wish there was an alternative RETAIL solution to this beta hub.

“Minor stability improvements to Zigbee and Z-Wave.” was what was listed as an improvement when this version was in beta. Glad to see other things made it to the release of 28.11

1 Like

Is this stability improvements or new features?

1 Like

Will the Sonos improvement make Sonos streaming more stable? I have a problem with streaming due to ST hub running on 2.4 GHZ channels 1-6-11 range. My Google Wifi is running on all these channels and it is not possible to set the channels manually. So I am selling it and going for Netgear Orbi mesh system instead. But if this fix is adressing this, I would like to cancel my recent order for the Orbi…

My hubs have gone completely offline today, is the update called 28.11 because it has been deployed today? Is there anything I can do? My locks will not update and synchronize with Airbnb until hubs go back online.

This is a known issue with the 2.18 update for Android. 2.18.1 has been released and should fix it.

not for Samsung S10, Samsung last!

You can check if you received the update in the IDE. Only beta testers have received the update to this point, Monday is the day it pushes to the masses. Maybe you had a power or internet hiccup that took them offline?

It is 3 different Internet subscriptions, 2 different provider. There are two subscriptions from the same provider, they are in the same building, there one hub has gone online and forming a mash with the other one two floors up, so I can see my lock and they can also synchronise, so the main functionality is thanks God seems to work. I will be home in about an hour and than I will be able to see if rebooting my hub will help or not.

Jameson via SmartThings Community smartthings@discoursemail.com ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov. 28., Cs 16:42):

1 Like

Do u reccomend we use classic app or new app if mobile presence using phones is a key feature for us?

Well, the one at home got pulled out of the electricity by accident… There is on more that is not online, the Internet works well there.

Tamás Lukács tom@flatwise.hu ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov. 28., Cs 17:04):

It is 3 different Internet subscriptions, 2 different provider. There are two subscriptions from the same provider, they are in the same building, there one hub has gone online and forming a mash with the other one two floors up, so I can see my lock and they can also synchronise, so the main functionality is thanks God seems to work. I will be home in about an hour and than I will be able to see if rebooting my hub will help or not.

Jameson via SmartThings Community smartthings@discoursemail.com ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov. 28., Cs 16:42):

jamesonrw

[Jameson](https://community.smartthings.com/u/jamesonrw)

November 28

You can check if you received the update in the IDE. Only beta testers have received the update to this point, Monday is the day it pushes to the masses. Maybe you had a power or internet hiccup that took them offline?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

lukacstamas

[Lukács Tamás](https://community.smartthings.com/u/lukacstamas)

November 28

My hubs have gone completely offline today, is the update called 28.11 because it has been deployed today? Is there anything I can do? My locks will not update and synchronize with Airbnb until hubs go back online.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Tamás Lukács tom@flatwise.hu ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov. 28., Cs 17:04):

I never see updates for the ADT hub. Does it have limited firmware support or no support at all?

2 Likes

Using already that update, still problems, a lot.

So you have two different hubs for two different floor locations in the same building. If one goes offline you are able to fail over to the other? Did you just switch the devices over To the other hub in the ide?

Improvements for Hue are specifically related to device health. The Hue bridge is known to frequently send reachable true/false state changes for bulbs that may be on the edge of the Hue Zigbee network or otherwise unhealthy, which causes the Hue devices to quickly go online/offline in SmartThings even though they are still controllable. We updated the integration to debounce these reachable bulb state changes we receive from the Hue bridge to filter out the erroneous reachable events and only mark the device offline once it has been unreachable for at least 60 seconds.

The release notes should have been more clear.

Barry

1 Like