Hub Firmware Release Notes - 27.6

I noticed my Honeywell thermostat also isn’t working. I tried cycling power to it. Anything else that might help to fix it?

No, additional pulls are not going help, IMHO. Have you tried restarting those devices that are not reporting status updates?

Hey, Thanks for reporting the issue. We found the issue and have identified a fix, we are in the process of fixing and releasing it to public sometime next week. I am trying to figure out a possible solution in the meantime

6 Likes

These devices don’t restart, they are part of an integration with a Smart App user “Redloro” created. I have a message to him to figure out the rest. At least it is partially fixed :slight_smile:

I am also having trouble with honeywell alarm integration since this firmware release. I have tried unplugging Ethernet and resetting to no avail.

You might want to try these instructions…

1 Like

Hi SmartThings Staffs,

I am having same issues since the upgrade. Can you please check, thanks!

I noticed my MQTT Bridge was not working. I tried the 30s trick with no luck. I ended up changing the IP of the hub then changed it back to resolve the problem.

1 Like

Just to keep everyone posted… All my ZigBee Devices are back online/working on their own after around 24 to 48 hours. No action from my end… so not sure if related to cache or anything else.

noticed my MQTT Bridge was not working. I tried the 30s trick with no luck. I ended up changing the IP of the hub then changed it back to resolve the problem.

Can you clarify? Did you change the IP of the hub or did you change the IP in the bridge configuration?

Out of curiosity, why do all these integrations use lan requests instead of using the Rest api? I assume any smart apps run in the cloud anyways.

I changed the IP of my Smartthings v2 hub in dhcp from 192.168.6.1 to 192.168.6.19. I then unplugged the network cable from the hub until the blue light started flashing. I plugged the network cable back in and when the hub started responding at 192.168.6.19, I switched the IP back to 192.168.6.1 in DHCP, unplugged the hub nic, waited for blue flashing light then plugged back in.

Previously, I tried just unplugging the NIC from the hub several times with no change Rebooted the hub with change. Once I did what I described above, MQTT Bridge started working again.

Using a direct cloud connection requires the use of an OAUTH2 enable SmartApp, and then that key has to be included in every communication from the LAN attached device to the ST cloud. Using the ST Hub directly, avoids that complexity completely, and only a Device Handler is required that uses the MAC address of the LAN device as the Device Network ID (DNI). Also, some devices are not capable of https encrypted traffic, and thus use the ST Hub to encrypt everything before it is routed to the ST Cloud. Also, all traffic from ST to the LAN connected devices has to go from the ST cloud through the hub, to the device. So why not use the hub for all traffic? :wink:

2 Likes

As of this latest release I have been experiencing z-wave devices randomly showing as “offline” much more than usual. A few months ago I never had a single problem with any zwave devices but it seems that every firmware update makes the issue worse. Automations are also failing on a regular basis, even more frequently since the latest firmware update.

1 Like

I tried the 30 second unplug workaround and it’s still not working. Is there anything else I can try?

Nothing is working, lights not turning on with motion, minimote attempt had no response. Android app error, won’t load. Slow IDE to open hub page, clicking show events on hub produces errors. Ok, now get error when clicking on My Hub in IDE.

This page isn’t working

graph.api.smartthings.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 503

That’s impossible right, one hour in and the status page still says everything is fine… :wink:

I’m seeing the same things. It was down hard for an hour or so. But recently a few events have been trickling through. The graph attached is events per minute logged from my hub via the cloud (not over LAN from the hub).

Seeing the same 503 errors. Occasionally starts working. But all my devices stopped sending events at exactly 11pm pacific. Down for 90 minutes now, can’t turn off the lights and house fan. :frowning:
Tried the 30 sec ethernet unplug, no joy. I don’t have a bridge, but I do use erocm123 : Inovelli 2-Channel Smart Plug.

How do I get devices working again?

Should I have already received this update (in Australia?).

My hub is still on 000.025.00050

I’m trying to resolve a z-wave issue and I’m hoping a firmware update will help - if I can get the update!