Hub Firmware Release Notes - 25.26

Anyone with the Zen Thermostat here are a few things I discovered:
The OTA firmware update caused my temp to read in the hundreds of degrees and a few other items were reading odd. Before I saw this post, I thought my customer handler broke. After trying the default and others similar issues.

How I fixed? I took my zen off the wall and took out the batteries. This made it work slightly better but everything in smartthings was reading Celsius even though Zen was showing F and was set to F. I set it to Celsius, saved and switched it back. Now everything is back to normal.

Happy surprise:
My Zen didnā€™t have the option for always on (since mine is powered by the C wire). When I called Zen ~2 years ago. They stated this was an option that was introduced later and that they canā€™t add it. Well the firmware update changed this. I can now set the always on in the settings/preferences.

Funny to say, but changing the zigbee message size from hex to decimal is something what I would not expect. Especially that all the rest of the message is in hexā€¦

Are you planing to change that to decimal too, to make more confusion? (Just kiddingā€¦)

My V3 (US) upgraded to 25.27 today and everything else working fine but my Schlage Z-Wave lock is not updating status since the upgrade. Lock On and Off also working occasionally. Did the Z-wave repair, rebooted hub, but still the same.
Any ideas?

Which device handler are you using for the lock?

1 Like

The Ethayer custom one: https://github.com/ethayer/lock-manager/tree/master/devicetypes/garyd9/zwave-schlage-touchscreen-lock.src

It requires an update following this FW update per:

1 Like

Ohhhā€¦thanks!
What I gathered from this post is that the I have to wait for the developer to update the DTH and for now, I canā€™t do anything on my part(as I am just a user, not a developer)

2 Likes

If you knew your way around the code you could make the change yourself. Otherwise, yes, youā€™ll need to wait and hope the developer picks-up on the change soon.

3 Likes

Thanks again. Know nothing about the codes, so hoping that it gets fixed by the developer :slightly_smiling_face:

Can switch it to the standard ā€œz-wave lockā€ device type for now.

3 Likes

will try that. Thanks.

Edit: Status not being updated even after changing to standard dth. So, have to wait till the DTHs are updated.

Not sure about these hubs, but Iā€™m pretty sure firmware cannot be restored. The only way would be to update your firmware with a previous version. But since we canā€™t connect to the internet, thatā€™s not possible. Iā€™m really hoping they allow us to update via USB to resolve this issue.

1 Like

I am using z-wave lock reporting DTH by ethayer. Any update for that?

No, not yet.

I can no longer view the recorded video clips in SHM from my Samsung SmartCams on the classic app - the video play button from my post-update clip just does nothing (GS9 on Android Pie), is there a chance this is related to the latest hub update?

Ok guys, I got impatient and fidgeted with the code (following guideline provided by ST staffer) and got it working. See my post 1956 on the relevant thread, here

1 Like

Hi folks. Iā€™m on 25.26, and about half of my devices, both Z-Wave and Zigbee, are offline. They wonā€™t come back online, and no amount of rebooting, re-adding or network repair can fix.

Looks like thereā€™s maybe a 25.27 that might fix this? Or barring that, any other ideas?

Iā€™m not sure where this post belongs but Iā€™m really upset with the last hub update from last week. I have over 40 devices that all worked fine and now only half are listed as available. What on earth did you do!!! FIX IT or Iā€™m going to have to replace this with something that is stable and keeps working!

which hub? which app? have you logged in to https://account.smartthings.com to check device status?

iā€™ve got about 80 devices, with ~50 being z-wave, and update went well. only had to air gap one wall switch and one motion detector completely disappeared off network (might have been removed when redoing my lowes plugs (zigbee with zwave repeaters as the repeaters were failing in zwave network repair).
canā€™t seem to pair things in sis.