Hub Firmware Release Notes - 25.26

For our knowledge Chris, is that something you can share so we can guide users.

4 Likes

Is there a way to go back to the previous firmware version? This release has been awful, my locks are slow reporting status now, any conditions tied to lock status changes are not working now. Plus my hub connected and disconnect randomly now for no reason.

1 Like

nope :disappointed:

1 Like

If I did not have so many devices I would migrate back to my V1 hub :frowning:

I have no idea if this is related to this latest firmware revision - I suspect not - but here it is:

I was switching to new DTHs for my Schlage Zwave Locks and I suddenly lost access to “My Hubs” and “Devices” in the IDE. I get the annoying 500 Internal Server Error. If I go to My Locations and look at each Group, the only one that gives me that error is the group that includes the 3 locks. I pasted the default ST DTH for Zwave Locks into the one I was using in hopes it would give me access but it did not work. I cannot access hub tools in the old app but I was able to exclude the locks using the new app (using remove device under each device). While the app gave no feedback on removal, the lock did.

Control via Echo also entirely stopped working at the same time. It appears to me that anything where those locks are involved is malfunctioning partially or totally.

It would be nice if there were a way for a user to recover from a messed up DTH/Smart App install without having to bother someone at ST… Has anyone seen this before and/or figured out how to fix it?

Because secure command classes are now being included in the list of supported command classes, some devices contain raw descriptions that exceed the maximum supported by our platform. We’ll be making a change to increase that maximum. Known affected devices include the following:

• Fibaro Heat Controller
  • Fibaro Roller Shutter 3.
4 Likes

I added a gas detector today using a custom DH, but did not show any events. I then change the device type to an in-built Orvibo Gas Detector, then it got it working with notifications in SHM. I played about with rooms by adding devices to them then next thing I know, I’m getting “Something’s Wrong” in the Things screen in the app. Looked in IDE and got “500: Internal Server Error” for both “My Hubs” and “My Devices”.

What’s going on please? How to fix?

Called support.smartthings twice and they couldn’t access their IDE servers as they’re down as well!! Waste of 2 phone calls 6 hours+ apart.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have a ticket number? Or DM with your account info and I can take a look.

I fixed this for you.

4 Likes

Thanks, Brad, for fixing it for me! Cheers

3 Likes

Thank you @Brad_ST!

Coincidentally I just got off the phone with a nice lady from ST support and she said her system was down but would escalate and fix once it was back up. Moments after hanging up, it was working again. If you see the ticket pop up on my account, can you close it before I waste anyone’s efforts on something you kindly fixed already?

@Kianoosh_Karami - I excluded and reincluded 3 Schlage locks and it was super smooth. I only had to repeat one lock as it got added as a “zwave device”. This latest inclusion experience was lightyears better than what I had to go through to add them a few months ago when I migrated to v3 hub. Whatever you did, thank you!

Edit: Inclusion was fast and the right device was picked but then I could not control them so I checked the IDE and noticed all 3 failed S0. So… trying again…

2 Likes

Have a few door sensors and lights unavailable. Tried rebooting with batteries out and nada.

Hi Brad,
I re-added a zigbee GE smart switch back on today and also got the 500 internal error soon after getting that working. Can you help me reset this? Thanks!

Add me to the list of Smartthings V2 Hub users who had their device bricked by a forced update 3/27. My hub shows flashing blue and then solid blue. The router log shows that it recognizes the Hubs MAC address and assigns it an IP, but the hub does not connect to the network. Never gets a NAT address.

I, like others, have contacted Smartthings support with no resolution. I’ve tried all the recommended solutions published including factory reset.

Fixed - you should be good!

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this! Is there activity on the ethernet port LEDs on the back of the hub?

1 Like

Hi Brad. Whilst waiting for SawKyrom to answer, do you mean on the back of the router? My V2 hub has no rear led for Ethernet activity that I can see but the lights on the back of the router show no activity. The front LEDs of the hub show solid red, which is what they have done since 27th March and the firmware release.

Is there a fix yet for the S0 security failed error. I started noticing this after the update and my zwave devices show unavailable in the Smartthings app. I had one zwave device that I re-paired (the only non S2 zooz I have, the rest of them are the S2 version) and the non-S2 switch is now reflecting available in the app but I don’t want to cause more problems by excluding and re-including the rest of my Zooz switches. The S2 devices show as active in IDE but some of my automations have been failing after the firmware update and wasn’t sure if this had something to do with it.

Has anyone else had problems with Osram Lightify (UK) bulbs dropping off the network since this firmware release. It has been happening consistently for me - every time I rejoin them, they last anywhere from a few hours to a few days and then drop off again. I have this with both model Classic A60 TW and Classic B40 TW - LIGHTIFY (from IDE device pages),.

I’m using the Local firmware DTH and does the same with both ZLL White Color Temperature Bulb and Zigbee White Color Temperature Bulb

The only thing I’ve not done is completely remove and re-add them since I don’t want to have to redo my automations.

I also have some TRADFRI bulb E27 WS opal 980lm on my network using the ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb DTH and they have remained solid.

Anyone else in the UK having issues (since I believe US OSRAM Bulbs are different)? Any ideas?

Chris, in addition to the 2 fibaro devices you mention would the Fibaro rgbw zwave device be affected

Further up this thread i posted i had no issues since the fw update but over the last few days i have noticed my fib rgbw is displaying strange behaviour, my automations are from various methods inc st lighting and member created smart apps but i am seeing failures to start, failures to display set in built colour rotations, using codesaurs DH on its own displays no real issues, the issues appear to happen when automations try to interact with the device

All of my st interactions and automations are from the classic app, when the new app was working i also found the Fibaro rgbw controler within the app was mapping the wrong colours to the device